Chapter 21: "I'm going Home."

"Hanna, come downstairs. Your father and I want to tell you something." I walked down the hall and into the kitchen. They had smiles across their faces. Something was up.

"What's up mom, dad?" I backed away. My mom grabbed my hand and pulled me closer and I sat in the blue dining room chair.

"Oh Jerry, I don't think I can keep it in any longer!" My mom screamed in my dad's ear. He backed away.

"Fine, Lisa tell her."

"Tell her what?" I screamed, obviously talking about myself.

"You are moving back New York!" I couldn't believe it.

"Your letting me go back? By myself?" I couldn't hold my happiness in any longer.

"Yes, we got you a gorgeous apartment in the middle of Time Square with a beautiful view. It's all paid for with new furniture and I bought some new clothes for you."

"Thank you sooo much mom and dad!" I screamed, jumping up and down.

"No problem, but there is one thing."

"What?"

"You're leaving in 5 hours." I ran to my room and started packing.

"Mom, can you come help me?" She was already standing at the doorway and she was laughing, holding boxes.

"Mom, I don't find this to be funny, help."

"Okay." She grabbed a cardboard box and started folding my clothes into it as I did another one. I swear I saw her crying.

"Mom?" I placed my hand on her shoulder and she hugged me.

"Mom there is nothing to be worried about, I'm 18 now, I'm adult. I'm supposed to be going on my own."

"There is one more surprise." What else could they give me? She took out a pair of car keys. We had to sell my Camaro because my parents didn't want to take it over to London.

"Go outside, your new baby just got here." I stopped what I was doing and ran down the hall, outside. My dad was just driving up in a new 2016 black Camaro. I went to sit in the passenger and the interior was tan leather.

"Wow, this is gorgeous! But how are we going to get it over?"

"Ship it over and it will be there when you are." I hugged my dad over the console.

"Thanks Dad, I really mean it." I kissed his cheek. I ran back upstairs to finish packing. It was going to be some long 5 hours.

_____

"Hanna, don't talk to strangers, get your stuff and get out of there. Eat good food not that shi-"

"Mom," I interrupted her.

"I know." She hugged me one more last time and walked away because she knew she wouldn't be able to say goodbye. My dad hugged me and I kissed Jessie and Matt on the cheeks.

"I'll miss you guys. Jessie, take care of Matt, okay?"

"Okay sissy!" She threw her arms around me and squeezed me as tight as she could.

"I love you Hanna."

"I love you too Jess." I let her go, turned around and went back through security. Then it hit me.

I'm going home.

Sophia's POV

"I don't know what happened Officer but everything is ruined! Riley woke me up in the middle of the night and told me the house was on fire we almost didn't make it out, I'm glad we did though." I told the police officer.

"Yeah, you guys are pretty lucky because you guys were in there for a pretty long time. You're lucky it didn't collapse with you guys in there." I nodded my head as the officer told me.

"Do you have another house?" He asked.

"Well, it's not a house; it's an apartment though, around Time Square." He nodded and smiled.

"Well be safe and make sure no one leaves the oven on again."

"Yeah, I'll make sure." We both laughed.

"Well, goodnight Mrs. Stones." He winked and walked to his cop car and left. I kind of wish I secretly burned in that house. Cause if Hanna can't remember me, there's no reason for me to live. I'm thinking about divorcing Riley, I don't love him. I can't be with someone I don't love, that's horrible.
Our apartment has been there in case we need to go somewhere safe or where people don't know, in case we get mugged or something and we need a hiding place. I walked over to Riley and he hugged me.

"Let's go to our new home." He smiled.

___

"How long has this been here?" Riley asked me.

"Maybe 4 or 5 years." I laughed. The wall next door banged and it scared me. Riley laughed at me.

"Not funny Riley. Guess like we have a new neighbor." I slipped my slippers on and walked out the door and knocked on the door next to us.

"What?" I didn't expect this to happen, not now.