Chapter 35: Hopeless

My eyes fluttered opened, revealing a worried Sophia. She cupped the side of my cheek and worriedly smiled.

"Sophia, what’s wrong?" I groaned, looking past Sophia noticing there was someone else in the room. I finally got my vision clear to see who it was. Tall, short wavy dark honey brown hair and eyes that reminded me of a friend. He stared at me and started smiling, and then he came closer.

"Sophia, don't le-" She laughed and when I looked at her face, it was Sandy. I started hyperventilating and I couldn't breathe.

"Thought you could run away, huh?" Sandy grabbed my neck and squeezed. Jayson stood in the back, laughing like a complete idiot. She took a knife from the bed side table and looked at it, and just as she was about to slit my throat, I woke up tangled in my bed sheets sweating buckets.

"Sophia!" I screamed, 2 seconds later Sophia was standing at my doorway.

"What’s wrong babe?" I felt relieved.

"I had a bad dream." She came to the side of me and hugged me.

"I'm not going anywhere love, I'll always be here." I closed my eyes, feeling the loving, caring comfort from being in her arms.

"Thank you."

"You don’t have to thank me but there is this girl in the living room, Corey knows her."

"Oh, it’s Megan." She smiled.

"Well go." I wanted to ask Megan why she had Jayson in her house but I was afraid. I got up, leaned down and kissed Sophia on the lips, then headed out my door. I suddenly smelt that familiar cologne that I used to love and I lost my stomach. Where was Olive, then Olive's laughed echoed through the house and I couldn't believe she was here and I peeked down the hall at everyone.

   Corey and Olive were sitting next to each other and Megan and some blonde guy were sitting next to each other. Olive saw me and waved, so I waved back slightly. Then I slowly walked over to everyone, careful not to get close to the man. When I came into eye contact with Megan and the anonymous man, I came to realization that he wasn't Jayson, he wasn't Jayson.

  I could smell his cologne, but it wasn't Jayson.  I'm pretty sure anyone could buy the cologne Jayson wore.  I can't believe I was scared for nothing! I felt my stomach feel normal again and I felt like I could breathe again. He was just wearing the same cologne.

"Hey, Hanna. I came over here because I wanted to ask why you left yesterday. I was worried that you didn't want to talk to me." I laughed.

"Sorry, I remembered I had something to go to." I lied. Sophia came up behind me, calming my nerves down. She kissed me cheek and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"This your girlfriend?" Megan asked disappointed. I looked at Sophia and smiled.

"Yeah, this is my girlfriend, Sophia." Olive winked at me and gave me thumbs up. I laughed and Megan got up.

"Well my brother and I are going to leave, we have somewhere to go." He stuck his hand out.

"Sorry we are leaving so early, you too are a really beautiful couple. My name is Joseph." I shook his hand.

"Hello Joseph, I'm glad to have you here. Come hang out if you ever want to." I said smiling, walking them to the door. I watched them walk out and Sophia came up next to me and slipped her tiny hand through my hand, entwining our fingers.

"That was the first time you said I was your girlfriend."

"Yeah, and it won't be my last." I said, wrapping my arms around her neck. She placed her hands on both sides of my waist and kissed my lips.