Chapter 3: Mark's Coffee House

After 30 minutes of staring out the window and watching buildings zooming by, we pull up to a petite building with the words 'Mark's Coffee House' and I watched Sophia stare at the coffee house in admiration.  The limo driver opened the door and Sophia steped out, while I stayed in.

"Come on, Hanna, there is nothing to be scared of."  She motioned for me to join her and I stepped out.  She walked into the coffee house and like a child in a candy store, looked everywhere possible.  She then walked up to the cashier.

"Nice to see you again Soph!"  A young brunette said to her.  Sophia walked behind the counter and hugged her.

"Oh, I've missed you so much Gray!"  She squeezed her tight. 

"Gracie, meet my friend Hanna.  Hanna this is my childhood best friend Gracie."  Gracie stuck her hand out and smiled.

"Hi."  I shook her hand.

"So what can I give you Sophia?"

"Um, what do you want Hanna."

"I don’t really drink coffee, so how about hot chocolate?"  I looked at Sophia and she smiled.

"Make an exception Gray?"  Mark's only served coffee, not hot chocolate, for what reason?   I don't know, I think it was because Mark was allergic to chocolate. 

"Sure, anything for a friend."  She handed us 2 cups full of warm chocolate.  Sophia handed me mine and I took a sip, the warm, sweet liquid ran down my throat and it felt good, heating my body up within seconds.  Sophia led us to a booth all the way in the corner.  I looked out the window and I didn't notice how dark is was now, my parents are going to be freaking out.

"So what’s up?"  Sophia asked, obviously awkward.

"Just thinking how my parents are going to be freaking out when I’m not home by 10:00."  She smiled.

"You know, I never asked how old you were."  She leaned closer, probably wondering about the fact that I just mentioned my parents getting mad. 

"I’m...I’m 15."  She blinked a couple times and shook her head.

"Oh."

"Well, how old are you?"  I asked.

"I’m 23."  She said.

"Oh..." She put her head down.

"So where did you find this place?"  I asked looking around, after a couple minutes of silence.

"Well, I have been coming to Mark's ever since I was 14.  When I came here, the people only knew me as the small town girl Sophia, not Sophia Louis, the movie star!  Like you know, I always felt safe here.  I always came here, order a coffee and practice lines for auditions or when I was in movies, I would rehearse here and go over my lines.  Sometimes Gray would help me with my lines if I needed help."  She smiled over to Gracie.

"Oh, so like your own personal hideaway?"  We both smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you could put it that way.  My parents are actors too, that’s why I do what I do."

"How did you find this place?" 

"Well, one year, when I was 15, they needed to leave to go shoot a movie and they never came back until like literally a few years ago.”  She said, staring out the window.

"I always came here and talked to Mark or Gracie, his daughter.  My parents had been friends with Mark for years and when they left, Mark took me in and treated me just like his own daughter, so I stayed with Mark for a year and worked here, which became; my first job."  She smiled and took a sip.

"Wow, that's different."

"Yeah, here I can be myself and nobody else.  I feel at home here."  I checked my watch, 8:30.

"So, you want to go?  I can see your checking your watch."  She laughed and I nodded.

'Yes, please."  We threw away our hot chocolates.

"Night Gray!  See you in a few!"

"Bye Soph!"  She pushed the door opened and held it open for me to walk through.

Sophia's POV

I had no idea Hanna was that young.  Hanna totally makes me have butterflies and I don't know why.  Why do I feel this way towards a girl, a 16 year old girl?  You're engaged Sophia.  My subconscious reminded me. I’m engaged, to what’s his name?  Oh Yeah!  Riley, I'm engaged to Riley, how could I forget my own fiancé’s name?  I guess Hanna has been going through my head non-stop all day since we first met this morning.  I stared at her as she stared outside the limo window as we were driving back to her house.  Her fragile head rested upon her flawless white snow hand and her eyes sparkled in the moon's light.  She looked at me and I snapped my head forwards.

"What’s wrong?"  She asked.

"Nothing, just thinking.  Would you want to hang out tomorrow?"  I asked, hoping she agrees.

"Well, when?  Because I have school, then cheerleading practice."

"Well, I could watch you practice and then we could get a bite, deal?"  I nudged her arm.

"I have to go to your school anyway. "  I muttered, hoping she doesn't ask me about it.

"Deal."  She said as we pulled up in front of her house.  I smiled at her and nodded my head.

"Good, it’s a date."  She said after we stay in unawkward silence, then she stepped out of the limo, walked up to her front door and stepped inside and all I could think of was "What am I getting myself into?"