Chapter 5: "This is Riley, My Fiance." And A new girl...

Tears still covering my face, I go to the only person I can trust at this very moment, Sophia. She had given me her address yesterday, so I knew where to go, I think.

It took me about 30 minutes to get to Sophia's house from Dawn's because I got lost so many times and that just pissed me off so much more. With tears' streaming down my face, I was hot and my face was wet and I couldn't breathe, I pulled into Sophia's driveway; her house was nothing like I expected it to be. It was a two story white house with two cars parked in the garage and a black fence that was open. I quickly put some blush on to hide any sight I was crying. I put some lip gloss on and took a deep breath.

"You can do this Hanna." I encouraged myself, I grabbed my bag and turned off my car and headed to the blood red front door. I knocked twice and wait, after 30 seconds of waiting; I gave up and started to head to my car.

"Hey, Hanna!" I gripped my bag on my shoulder and turned around to find Sophia standing in the doorway against the frame, while butterflies fluttered around in my stomach.  I just kept thinking, god dammit, she's gorgeous.

"He-Hey Sophia."

"Do you want to come in?" I nodded and walked closer to her and stood outside her doorway, peering into the house. She placed her hand on the smalls of my back and I looked at her.

"Go in Hanna." She nods which informs me that it's safe to go inside. I walked in and I am greeted by a culinary delight aroma of chicken and potatoes. I closed my eyes taking in the addicting smell and Sophia laughed.

"Are you hungry?" I nod.

"Are you ever going to talk?" She asks.

"Nope, because then you'll find out." I smiled.

"Find out what?" She smiled back.

"The real reason why I came." And I took off into the house. The walls were painted tan and dark browns the color of Sophia's eyes, like a direct color. I step into a room I'm guessing is the living room because there is a bunch of couches and a large plasma television with a coffee table. A man is sitting at the edge of one of the couches and reading a newspaper.

"Ehm," Sophia says.

"Honey, we have a visitor." She smiles and sits next to him and places one of her hands on his lap and they grab each other's hands entwining fingers.

"Well hello Puppet."  Puppet?  How old does this guy think I am? He says finally placing the newspaper down, he is wearing some black reading glasses. He has dirty blonde hair and green eyes with a very muscular figure, he is very attractive for someone so much older than I am.

"Hi." I whisper, but loud enough for him and Sophia to hear.

"Well, Riley this is Hanna the girl I met in New York, remember?  And Hanna, this is my Fiancé, Riley." I cringe at the word 'Fiancé', it felt as if my heart got ripped out of my chest. 

"Hi Riley." I say louder.

"Well, what do you want kid? We have a meeting in a few." Sophia leans closer to him and lays her head on his shoulder and stares at me.

"Honey, watch yourself. "  She scolds him.

"I...I'm sorry," I stand up.

"I should go, goodnight." Sophia stands up. And I walk into the hallway where Riley can't hear us or see us.

"Don't go, you haven't even eaten." She grabs the arm with all the bruises and I wince.

"No, I understand. It's clear I shouldn't be here. So goodnight, I don't know when I'll see you again-" She interrupts me.