Chapter 2: Sophia Who?

"Don't be sorry, it's my fault I wasn't paying attention. I'm Hanna." She caught my eyes and I shook her hand. I kind of got a spark, something that I kept on wanting to happen over and over again. We stared at each other for at least 2 minutes, or what felt like 2 minutes. This woman looked so familiar, why couldn't I figure her out? Still holding hands, I moved a strandof brown hair from her face and she covered her face with her blue hoodie, so that any view of seeing her was imposible. Like she was figuring out who I was, staring straight into my being. I suddenly got this feeling like I couldn't breathe.

"Em." There was a man standing there.

"Oh, hi Riley. I bumped into this nice girl. Her name is..." She looked at me for help.

"Hanna, Hanna Montgomery." I said, repeating my name. He stuck his hand out and I placed my hand in his rough, callused hand. He brought my hand up to his lips and pecked the top of my hand.

"Hello Miss Hanna Montgomery." He smiled. He was beautiful, so gorgeous with dirty blonde hair and emerald green eyes. His teeth were white and so straight, that I don't know anyone could have such straight, white teeth.

"Now, come on Soph, we're going to be late." His accent rolled off his tongue. I shrugged and started to walk away, how awkward were they.

'Wait!" Sophia called as she ran towards me and pulled out a pen from her pocket. She wrote numbers on my arm.

"Call me!" I smiled and nodded, taking the mystery woman's number. All I could think about was putting a name to that beautiful face, Sophia.

---

When I got home, I ran to my room and put my phone on the charger. I put my arm up and read the number over and over until I memorized it. I then laid on my stomach and unlocked my phone and typed in Sophia's number. I didn't want to call her because I didn't want to bother her, but she did tell me to call her. So I dialed her number and listen to her phone ring and when it reached her voicemail, I hung up before listening to the whole thing. I should have never called her.

"Han, Jayson is here!" My mom yelled from her usual spot, the kitchen. She needs to get out of there and find another hobby. She's like our personal chef, but she is also my mom . I could here his heavy feet charging up the stairs at full speed, headed towards my bedroom door.

"Hi Hanna." He said as he swung my door open.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, continuing to read my book that was assigned for summer break that I never cared to finish.

"Here to see you." Well duh, obviously.

"I don't want to talk to you Jay, so leave."

"No." He said sternly.

"Hanna! Your father and I are leaving, your sister has an appointment!" My mom yelled.

"Okay!" I screamed back, never taking my eyes off of Jayson. As soon as the front door swung close, Jayson walked up to me and smacked me across the face. I cupped the side of my face that was stinging from Jayson's thick, course hand.

"Listen here. You do what I say and when I say, yes?" I started crying.

"Hello? I'm talking to you."

"Ye-yes." I managed to stutter out. He smirk and folded his arms across his wide chest.

"That's a very good girl Hanna." His phone rang, he looked at it, smiled and answered it.

"Hello? Yeah, I will be there soon. Okay, bye." He ended the call and slipped it back into his pocket.

"Hanna, I didn't want to leave you like this, but I have to go sweetie, one of the guys from the team needs me for something." He pulled me up and kissed my forehead.