Like i can

- jennie admits a thousand times that she's not still inlove with her ex, jisoo.

--

"Even if she started dating a model that's very hot?" Jennie nods her again, with her lips pressed together a forced smile in her face as she gets tired from her friends questions

The couple, rosé and lisa gasped a little, looking at each other with a surprised face. "Guys we broke up like, almost a year, it's fine" jennie waves her hand away like its nothing as she drinks her bottle beer, making the two look at her again.

"So you don't love her anymore?" Jennie nods at rosés questions, and licks her lips. "Not romantically, just as friends"

The two looks at each other again, still not believing their best friend. Yup, jisoo and jennie was the type of ex-lovers that decided to stay as friends.

Well, that's because they started off as friends, a little gang that includes the four of them. The reason why rosé and lisa wasn't believing a word that jennie says was because they know her too well.

They know jennie was so inlove with jisoo since they were in college, heck jisoo even rejected her before and she didn't stopped.

They were so opposite that jisoo used that before as a reason to not date but for jennie "opposites attract"

And now they're exes, a thought jennie hates but she has to accept. Things were a little complicated for them before and it didn't worked out.

"Hey guys" jisoo says as she sat next to jennie at thejr favorite booth at the bar. "What you talking about?"

Jennie looks at the two with a little smirk and a raised brow, watching if they have the confidence to say what it was to jisoo.

The two just shakes their head and says nothing, making jennie scoff and place her bottle down.

"They think I'm still inlove with you" jisoo looks at jennie with a raise brow, chuckling awkwardly as she looks back at the two.

"What?" Jisoo asks, lisa and rosé just srhugged and looked away as if they didn't do anything.

"Well, are you?" Jennie got surprised at the question jisoo asked that she almost spit her drink, grabbing the napkin to wipe her mouth cleanly and glares at jisoo.

"The confidence you have kim, as if" jennie scoffed, rolling her eyes as her heart started to ache. Good thing she was good at hiding her emotions.

"If you want to get back together, just say so jendeuk" jisoo teasingly says, making jennie glare at her more deadly that she's using the cute nickname she made for the girl.

She shakes her head disbelief as she hears lisa and rosé laughing their asses off seeing how embarrassed jennie is. She picks up her purse and stood up, "you three are not fun to talk to tonight, I'll just go home" she says walking away.

Jisoo just chuckles and watches her leave, looking down sadly as jennies body disappeared through the door.

"How about you, jisoo? Still love her?" She lifts her head up, hearing the question lisa asked. She sighs and pressed her lips together, giving the two silence and just drank her beer.

--

As a weeks passed by, jisoo told her friends that she wants them to meet the girl she has been seeing and plans to date.

Which led up to lisa and rosé, gagging up jennie again.

"So jennie kim" lisa says, teasingly circling her finger at the top of her beer. "Ready to meet her?"

"Duh, of course" they hear the sarcasticness in jennies voice making them look at each other again, chuckling as the girl still continues to lie.

"You really are okay with this?" Rosé asked, and jennie nods again acting like all was really nothing. "Even if we all bond and they'll be clingy?" She nods again.

Lisa smiles teasingly, "are you jennie kim? The jennie kim that was so clingy and a little possessive of jisoo? The girl who gets jealous even is jisoo just laughs with o--

"Okay lisa i get it!" Jennie bursts out, making the two chuckle lightly, finally jennie was acting normal to them.

"I get that she's back out there, that she's dating again, but do i have to meet her? I'm her friend, and it's just-- who in the right mind would let their ex girlfriend meet the new girl?" Jennie says, a little calmer now.

Rosé sighs, "jennie, maybe jisoo doesn't see you as an ex girlfriend now. Maybe just as a friend and that's why"

And when jennie heard those, she closed her eyes tightly as she forces a tear to drop, maybe she was right. Jisoo only sees her as a friend now.

Completely forgetting the memories, she was even surprised jisoo wouldn't find it awkward for jennie to meet the new girl.

"She can love anyone she likes, I don't care" jennie scoffed and grabs her beer, "but all i know, they'll never love her like i can"

"The confidence, kim" lisa chuckles and jennie smirks proudly.

Few minutes pass, jisoo enters the bar with the girl she likes her friends to meet.

"Hey guys" jisoo says softly, holding a girls hand with her making jennies eyes drop and just stare at their hands combined.

"This is soojoo" she adds, and jennie looks at the girl. Swallowing thickly and just smiles, while the two greeted her.

"How did you two met?" Rosé asked, a little curious at the love story.

"Actually, we met like two weeks ago. She's my co-workers friend, soojin" jisoo nods, smiling a little as she looks at soojoo.

Jennie hidely rolls her eyes, 'soojin' she shakes her head a little. She was close to that girl.

"And we just clicked" jennie stares at jisoo when she said that, they just clicked? Like that? Soojoo never made an effort or something?

Now she suddenly remembered how jisoo and her never clicked, and to be honest she gave it her all to convince jisoo to be together, but hearing soojoo and her ex just clicked like snapped of a finger hurts her.

Maybe she and jisoo was never destined, never meant to be together. And she can see how jisoo smiles looking at soojoo.

After all the lies she has been telling her two best friends for months. She was actually still inlove with her ex, that's the truth she knows and she wants to hide until she dies.