Arc 4- Chapter 3

^Alfred's picture above^

*Starfire's Pov*

After dropping the sack on a floor in the cottage, it wiggled around as Lisa tried to free herself.

'Good thing she can't move enough to use her sword to cut though,' I thought amused as I watched her.

[So Star, what will you do now? You can't free her while still here but you also can't just remove your disguise and pretend to have saved her, it would be suspicious. I would have said you should knock her unconscious but this is a game so you can't do that.]

'I know, I already have a solution for that~'

I opened up the in-game store and bought a male humanoid pet.

<Male Humanoid pet successfully bought. Please input a name for your pet>

After the message popped up, a blank space appeared where I was meant to write his new name. I smiled and entered some letters into the blank space.

<Male Humanoid pet successfully renamed. New name of pet is now "Butler Alfred">

[A butler? Hos- I mean, Star, why would you make him a butler?]

'I always wanted a butler so why not have one in this game?~ Plus, butlers are super awesome,' I replied as a young male appeared in front of my character.

He stood motionless in front of me as I observed him. Abony black hair fell to his face and stopped at his chin. His eyes were pitch black and had a cold feeling to them. His hair was styled in the classic butler hairstyle and he even had a butler's outfit on.

'Oh~ I like him~'

[Of course you do, Star. Can you carry on with your plan already? That female lead might actually manage to get out of the sack if you keep delaying.]

I giggled at Little que's anxiousness. I was only having a little bit of fun after all, besides, that female lead is still weak at this point, I doubt she would be able to escape. Nevertheless, I decided to continue with my plan to ease Little que's nerve.

I removed my disguise, put it on Alfred and gave him my instructions. A pet would only do what their master says but the humanoid pets were way better then the animal pets. Alfred, for example, could be able to gain awareness after levelling him up a particular level and he would behave like an actual player and even have his own character. The only thing that would differentiate him from normal players is that he would still obey all my commands.

'Little que, remind me to take him to level up after this,' I thought as I watched Alfred carry the sack and put it on a chair. 'His movements are still human-like but he feels more like a robot than a player. I need him to level up and react more human-like.'

[Alright Star. Wait, why would you still need him after this? Do you plan to kidnap the female lead again?]

'Well, there are a lot of things I would need him for, Little que. Kidnapping is not the only thing he is good for. Plus, he would be a good company and sidekick in this game~'

[Alright...]

{Why do I suddenly feel sympathy for Alfred even though he isn't real?}

I smiled and left the cottage as my butler got into action. I watched from a tree with binoculars as he freed the female lead from the sack and quickly tied her to the chair before she could react.

'Thankfully, pets are also more powerful than humans. I guess that is why they are expensive, the money was worth it.'

[Star, isn't it about time that you go to the cottage?]

'Can't I wait a bit? Maybe the male lead would even appear to save her~'

[Star...]

I could hear the reprimanding tone in Little que's tone and pouted as I jumped off the tree.

'Tsk. You are so stiff. You should relax more, I was just joking,' I thought as I playfully struck out my tongue before kicking the door of the cottage open.

"What is this I walked into?" I typed out as they both turned to look at me. The words I typed out was written on top of my character's head and I smiled as I remembered how it didn't display any character name when I was wearing the cloak.

[Well, the cloak did hide the character's identity so the name would be non-existent.]

'I know. My butler's identity would also be safe with that cloak~'

<...: Go away, this is none of your business> A text appeared above Aflred's head as he repeated what I asked him to.

"Well, sorry about that but it seems I have to interfere," I replied as I moved in to fight him.

I slashed and he dodged as we moved outside the cottage, pretending to be fighting as we got out of the range of her sight. We continued to pretend to fight as we moved further away from the cottage before we stopped once we were far enough.

"Good job, Alfred," I complimented as I patted his head. He stared at me blankly before bowing.

<...: It was my pleasure, Mistress>

I smiled at him before removing his disguise and putting all the items in my inventory.

"That should be ok then. You can go rest till I call you back out," I said as he nodded and disappeared. I check my character info and saw his chibi version sleeping and regaining his energy.

I smiled at the cuteness before going back to the cottage. I entered the cottage and released the female lead as she thanked me for saving her.

"You are welcome, just be careful next time," I said, waving as I left before she could ask me anything.

'Now she would think I am a mysterious powerful saviour~' I giggled as I walked further into the forest.

[I guess so Star. So will you level up Alfred now that you are done with Lisa?]

'Of course, Little que.'

I brought Alfred out and gave him a sword to fight before taking him to where some level 1-10 monsters were.

I rested on a tree as I watched him kill some monsters and gain experience points. He even levelled up and was already a level 4 pet.

'Aww, my pet is already growing so much. How cute~' I cooed in my mind as I felt proud.

[Star, he is just a bunch of codes, you don't need to be so emotional]

'I can be emotional if I want to. Aren't you also just a bunch of codes anyway?' I asked teasingly and he went silent.

'Little que?' I called out but he still didn't answer.

'Little que, what's going on? You know I wasn't trying to be harsh, I really didn't mean it...' I was getting worried as he still didn't answer.

'Little que...?'

[System 001 is offline.]