Arc 4- Chapter 8

*Starfire's Pov*

I removed the ice pack from my hand, stretching my hands and cracking my knuckles as I got ready to kick Malcolm out.

"That's enough chips you're stealing," I leaned on the cupboard door, stopping him from taking more.

Malcolm looked at me innocently, his hands completely full with different snacks- including my lollipops.

'This dude had the audacity to take more than chips???' I was flabbergasted.

"Oh, aren't you meant to still be resting-" I cut him off, dragging him by the collar to the door. He was so surprised he didn't even resist.

I opened the door and pushed him out. "You go to the store and buy me twice the amount of snacks you took, including an apology card, ok?" I slammed the door in his face before he could even answer.

I rested on the door, happy to finally be rid of him, 'That annoying leecher-'

[Um... Star.. aren't you worried he would notice that you care about snacks more than the original Amelia?]

'Shush. He hasn't seen her for a while. She could always have developed this obss- love for her snacks during that period so it should be alright.'

[So you admit it's an obsession?]

'When did I say that?'

[...]

{#My host is too good at feigning ignorance#}

I locked the door before going to the gaming room. 'I wonder if that female lead has logged in yet. That would be too quick though...' I mused, logging into the game.

My character appeared in the middle of my castle and saw my butler... being a butler.

"What are you doing?" I typed in curiously.

<Butler Alfred: Serving you, m'lady> He was standing in a proper pose, a napkin on his arm as he held a platter that was covered up in a fancy way. The castle also looked like it had just been cleaned.

"You didn't spend the day leveling up?"

<Butler Alfred: I already reached the maximum level, Mistress>

'That's quick... The last time I saw him, he was still on level 7, no?'

I checked his level in my pet profile and saw he was already on level 20. He was on par with me already.

"How did you level up so quick?"

<Butler Alfred: I wanted to be able to join my master's side without being a liability.>

'That's not what I asked. Little que, tell me, what did he do.'

[It seems he was leveling up constantly since you left and... found a rare power-up?] He paused, seeming like he was confirming something before he spoke again. [That's odd, the power-up isn't meant to be available until the male and female lead get together and use it to get stronger]

'A butterfly effect or a glitch?'

[I'm not quite sure Star. Let me put it in a form to the higher-ups]

"I see, that's a good butler," I patted his head and he smiled.

<Butler Alfred: Thank you, Mistress.>

Weirdly enough, his affection didn't increase.

<Male humanoid pet, "Butler Alfred", affection maxed out>

'Aww, how cute~'

"Should we go play together, my pet?~"

He nodded then paused, having recalled something.