Arc 4- Chapter 10

*Starfire's Pov*

Alfred hadn't bothered to answer Malcolm's question and instead just gave him the orb.

<...: This is for you.> 

<Prince Callom: What is it?> Malcolm accepted the orb into his inventory as he analysed it.

'Not him accepting it without knowing what it is. What if it was a bomb or something? Tsk tsk tsk. Didn't they teach him to be more wary of strangers?'

[I guess he's more relaxed since it's just a game and he's pretty powerful anyway]

<...: It's a recording orb>

<Prince Callom: I know that. I meant what is recorded in it and why are you giving me?>

'At least he isn't totally clueless' I thought, watching the interaction from my seat. 'Wish I had popcorn now to enjoy his reaction~'

[... Star, that would not be appropriate in this kind of situation since he can see you]

I sighed internally 'What a pity'

[...]

{I think she likes snacks way too much}

<...: If you watch the recording, you should be able to figure that out, shouldn't you?> I could feel the sass behind those words and had to refrain from laughing. 

Malcolm blushed lightly before clicking on the recording. His blush quickly faded away as he saw the recording of his personal details being exposed so easily by a <I will conquer this game>. He furrowed his brows as he stopped the recording to see that Alfred had already left.

"How was this...? I thought she was just a hardcore gamer... What is she doing with my details?" He murmured as he seemed deep in thought.

'That's my cue to step in.'

"Are you alright Malcolm?" I asked in a concerned tone, pretending to be oblivious to what happened. "It seems you were talking to a character but you don't look so good."

Malcolm snapped out of his daze and shook his head, trying to reassure me that he was ok. "Sorry, I just... heard something unexpected"

"What was it?" I asked curiously and he shrugged, not wanting to talk about it but then realising that I play the game too and could be affected.

"Um, do you know <I will conquer this game!>?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to spill too much information.

I pretended to think for a while before replying, "Do you mean that human character that is popular for trying to get more powerful than elves and demons?" 

He nodded and hesitantly asked when he realised I wasn't planning on going further, "You aren't personally friends with her, right?"

I shook my head and he breathed a sigh of relief. I wonder what Lisa did to Amelia in the original plot that made her stop the game though.

[Maybe she just figured out Lisa's true side?]

'Perhaps.'

"Good. Be careful around her," He cautioned, logging out of the game as he got up.

"Why? And aren't we playing the game anymore? We barely started" I asked curiously, pretending to be disappointed.

"Maybe next time, Amelia. Sorry, something came up," he rested his hand on my shoulder apologetically, "And don't worry about it." With that, he was gone.

I heard the door shut and smiled, crossing my legs as I spun in the chair. "See, I told you I would get rid of him."

[... I guess you did well, Star]