Arc 2- Chapter 4

^Shirley's Pic above^

*Starfire's Pov*

I am now sitting with Kyle and Little que in the car.

"So what should we do? Should we stay with that group?" Kyle asked me with a little smile.

"Yes, it will be safer. Plus the more the merrier, right?" I asked smiling.

"I thought you would like us to be independent?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I would, but I am not suicidal. That group has some powerful people with them which is good"

"I guess you are right. Ok, we will just travel alongside them" He reluctantly said before slumping into the chair.

[ Host, you are really good. The only reason you want to travel with them is for the sake of the side missions yet you made it seem as though you were being thoughtful]

'Yeah, after all, the side missions will be easier to achieve if I do them before getting into the base. They might not let me out after this and that will be bad for me'

[Yes, you are right. I guess it is a good thing you are smart]

'Hmm... but seriously, you put finding a cure for the virus as my side mission, it isn't exactly fair'

[I know but don't you love fun challenges?]

'I do, I guess I will just do it. After all, it has a good amount of points~'

I looked out of the car to see the female lead, Shirley making her way towards us.

Her black hair swayed with the wind while her gold eyes shined with innocence.

"Hi, I am Shirley, your brother's partner" She said as she extended her hands towards me for an handshake.

"Nice to meet you, I am Fiona" I said as I shaked her hands with a grin on my face.

"You are not my partner Shirley. I haven't agreed to your request, I don't want a liability with me after all" Kyle said without even glancing at her.

Shirley's face paled a little as she bit her mouth in embarrassment.

"Hmm... He hasn't accepted me yet but I am still determined to make him agree" She said with a determined look in her eyes.

I just smiled while Kyle didn't even react.

Shirley looked a little dejected but still forced a small smile before leaving sadly.

"Aren't you a little too harsh on her?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Harsh?! Oh please, how do you expect me to survive if I carry a baggage of burden around with me?" He asked without any change if expression.

'He doesn't know of her abilities for sure, or else, he would want her with us'

[ Yes host, he hasn't found out yet, he was supposed to find out today but you changed the turn of event]

'I know but at least the chance of him dying has slightly decreased'

[ Yeah, but it is only slightly, as long as the female lead is still around him, he can easily die]

'But you made it in a way that I have to still stay with the female lead to succeed with one of my side missions. After all, she is a zombie magnet and I need her to bring a lovely zombie to me~'

[ Host, you could do it by yourself without her help. There are still other ways]

'I want this one, it is more fun, plus I can do something else~'

[ I give up on you host]

"Hey little boy, you aren't a talker, right? You haven't said anything since that time" Kyle said facing Little que while saying the word, 'that', with digust.

Little que stared at him blankly and Kyle stared back. It was like they started a staring competition.

'It seems he hates you more than normal~'

I chuckled in my mind at their silly antics.

[ I think he is jealous that I am cuter than him and will steal his sister]

'You are so straightforward. Anyway, I figured that out by his expression'

[ Ok host]

"Hmm... Kyle, when are we going to actual get going?" I asked when I noticed the male lead's group moving.

"Now" He said as he started the engine and followed not too far from the group.

'I am bored~'

[ Would you like to play some games or watch a movie?]

'Do I look like someone who wants to watch a movie now? I just want to get on with the side missions'

[Ok host, you can get down and walk on foot, that way you will have a greater possibility of completing a mission]

'No need, just tell me what I need to know about the zombie virus'

[ Well, at the start, some scientists were looking for a chemical that can let humans live longer and mistakenly created a zombie virus. When they found out, they quickly stopped the development and closed down the operation but the virus gas got leaked out of the container and spread across the country.

The humans that had a large dose of the virus in them turned to zombies, the ones that had a moderate dose could suppress the virus and got superpowers, the ones that had very little or no virus remained human.

The zombies started to multiply by biting humans, their saliva and nails are filled with the virus and can change a human to a zombie]

'So it was a chemical that started this, well, that's easier. Now tell me if the chemical formula is still intact and where it is'

[ The chemical formula is still intact but it's specific whereabouts is still unknown. It is said that one of the scientists took it and hid somewhere to try and figure out the cure]

'Ok, well at least it is slightly easier'

"What are you thinking of Fiona?" Kyle asked glancing sideways at me.

"Just thinking of life as it is" I said with a little smile.

"Don't let it bother you too much, instead you should be thinking of how Mom and Dad are going to be extremely angry with you when they see you" He said with a teasing smirk

"What did you have to remind me?!" I sighed as I rubbed my face in annoyance before I noticed something.

Ahead of us, zombies were coming towards the group because Shirley had screamed after seeing a zombie. She is still a scaredy cat.

I immediately got down to fight.

"Wait! They can take care of it, you just stay here" Kyle said stopping me.

"But I need to train before I forget how to fight" I agrued, my fingers itching to take my sword.

After a light argument, he agreed on the condition that he followed me.

'Finally, some action. Can't wait to try my moves out~' I thought before stepping towards the zombie crowd.