Arc 2- Chapter 1

^Fiona's pic^

*Starfire's Pov*

I went to the mini kitchen to get some breakfast.

I know what you are thinking: How come you are living a normal life, isn't it supposed to be the zombie apocalypse?! Well, let me make it clear. It's because I am already at a secured base.

[So host, are you going to look for the second male lead?]

'Don't worry, I will look for him once I leave the base.'

[Ok, that means you will leave this place soon then. Good thing you have a superpower to protect yourself]

I hummed in agreement as I looked back into this body's memory.

My new name is Fiona Klein. The Klein family is a very prestigious family with two children, Fiona and Kyle. The two of them were very close especially when they were little but once they reached high school, they drew apart a little since they didn't really have time to hang out but they still had a good relationship.

When the apocalypse began, Fiona was with her parents and since they lived in a super secured estate and had years supply of food, they were safe. The main family all got powers so they grew even more powerful and formed a base, the base was small at first but kept growing.

Kyle had gone away at that time so he wasn't in the base. He was heading back to his family when he met Shirley. The direction was the same with the male lead which was why they were on the same path.

Even though their parents sent super-powered people to find him, by the time they got close to where Kyle was, he had already died.

"Hmm... Seems I am going to have to meet the chief of this base, my parents," I mumbled while eating my bread.

'Food is extremely precious during this period even when it is expired. I will have to park some supplies if I would look for him.'

[You have me as a navigator so it will be easy to find him]

'Yes, that's one of the reasons I love you~'

I giggled while leaving the small apartment to the main building.

Fiona wasn't living in the same building with her parents since she didn't want to have special privilege for things she didn't work for, so she pratically begged her parents to let her live independently cause they were so protective especially since they weren't sure whether Kyle was safe.

She usually goes out of the base to kill zombies to trade the nucleus for supplies or directly goes to a store outside the base to salvage supplies. After getting enough zombie nucleus to rent a moderate apartment, she left her parent's building. She still visits them from time to time but was mostly outside killing zombies.

Another reason she wanted to be killing zombies was because she wanted to find her brother, and to do that, she must build her strength, so sometimes she absorbes nucleus and get more powerful.

I looked up at the building in front of me and sighed.

Just one and a half months has passed since the zombie apocalypse and the base was now already stable, even though it was still small since it could only contain 500 people.

My parents should be allocating people to look for Kyle, they wanted to find him straight away but the base had to be stable before that.

"Fiona, you are here!" Her mom gasped, surprised at my appearance.

They didn't really expect me here since I left one month ago, plus they are busy now.

"Yes mom, I came to see you and Dad," I said with a light smile.

"Really?! Your dad isn't here now sweetie, what about you stay in your room before your dad gets back?" Mom asked with a warm smile.

I smiled before heading to Fiona's previous room.

'Wow! Fiona was so lucky, her parents can still keep and afford all this luxury even in the apocalypse. Too bad her brother wasn't here~'

[Yeah, but if he was here, you wouldn't have a mission to fulfil]

'True. I guess everything works for good~'

A little smile appeared on my face as I stood in front of her mirror.

Fiona looks average and mostly resembles her mom with her black hair and eyes. Fiona and Kyle didn't look alike at all, Fiona looks like her mom while Kyle looks like his dad.

'Hmm... but she is still charming even with her average features, just like her mom, they both have a certain charm.'

[Well, they are related to the second male lead, they have to be charming]

I chuckled when little que said that with a matter-of-fact tone and rolled his eyes.

"My lady, Master and Mistress askes for your presence," a butler informed after knocking the door.

'See what I am talking about? They still hire butlers and maids during the apocalypse! They are really something.'

[Like I said, second male lead]

'Yeah, yeah, I know~'

I stepped into the parlor and saw Fiona's parents sitting patiently with smiles.

After exchanging greetings, I sat down next to my parents.

"Fiona, have you decided to come back to the house?" Dad asked in a hopeful tone.

I just smiled since I knew I would propose something that will smash all their hopes.

"Dad, Mom, I have decided that I want to also look for my brother with the volunteers," I said firmly looking at them in the eye.

They both froze and exchanged glances.

"B-but something might happen to you," Mom said in a concerned tone.

"I can protect myself, I have been doing that for some time now, you can trust me," I said assuredly.

"We are not sure how far away Kyle is from the base, if he is still in the place he went to, then it will take long to reach there and you might encounter powerful zombies," Dad explained, also concerned.

"Please dad, I am already a level 4 super-powered human, I can still escape even if I can't kill the zombie," I said trying to convince them.

"Wow! You levelled up fast, before you know it you will be a level 6 super-powered human like us," Dad said proudly trying to divert the topic.

"You see, this is a good opportunity for me to find Kyle and level up since I need to find high level zombies to level up anyway," I said, bringing them back to the topic.

After a whole round of convincing them, they finalled relented and accepted on the condition that I immediately escape if I met a zombie powerful than me. The reason Fiona didn't join the volunteers before was because she knew they wouldn't accept and she thought she wouldn't really change anything since she wasn't that powerful, after all, there were still some level 4 volunteers.

I stepped out of the base into the jeeps we are using, the provisions and weapons we need are all in the boot. Some level 3 and 4 super-powered humans are on the roof of the car keeping a lookout.

I smiled brightly as the engine started and looked out of the window.

'I will find a time to ditch them and find Kyle once the opportunity presents itself.'

[Of course, if you follow them at this pace, by the time you reach Kyle, he would have died. Anyway, make sure to also complete the side missions]

I looked at the side missions and smiled even more.

'This will be an interesting world~'