•Chapter 17

June 24th, 1537, Palace of Beaulieu

Point of view of Mary

Dear Mary,

I tell you with great joy that my lord husband, the king and I have begotten a healthy son. He will be called Prince James. My lord husband and I have chosen to appoint your cousin, King James of Scotland, as his godfather and you as his godmother.

We look forward to seeing you soon for our Blessed Prince's christening and I hope you will take the opportunity to join me at my churching which will take place at the end of the month.

Lucrezia R.

"The queen has given birth to a prince." I said to ambassador chapuys as I folded the letter. "Looks like she's feeling strong in her place now because she signed her letter as Lucrezia R: Lucrezia Regina."

"The birth of a son certainly gives her more power. The whore Anne also signed her letters with Anne Regina, only this queen did something that the whore Anne could not and that was give an heir to the king." Chapuys replied.

I looked at him with a smile." Now that my father finally has his son, I hope he will give me and Elizabeth the opportunity to improve our relationship with him. The Queen has promised me to do everything in her power to make that happen." "What do you think of the Queen, my Lady? Does she treat you well?" Chapuys asked.

"The Queen is in my eyes the perfect choice as the Kings wife, I'm sure even my mother, may she rest in peace, would find that. She is a dignified woman who deserves the greatest respect. She carries herself with great dignity and threat The people well, even the ones who hate her. She is also a true Catholic, raised by to the Holy Father. I trust she will make England a better place for all of us and I wish her all the best, truly."

Chapuys smiled and we continued the conversation. When he left for his own quarters later that evening, I ordered my maids to pack my things in my chests for my departure tomorrow.

As happy as I was for my father, a bad feeling kept gnawing at me. I felt guilty towards my mother. The woman who so desperately wanted to give england a prince.

If I had been born as a boy, everything that had happened in the past ten years would not have happened.

My parents would still be happily married and I, as a prince, would already be married and living my own life.

But this was God's plan and I couldn't change it.

I believed that Lucrezia was a woman my mother had sent from heaven. My stepmother Anne treated me badly but this woman treats me as if I were still the princess of England.

I know I will be grateful to Lucrezia for the rest of my life and especially if she could strengthen my bond with my father.