•Chapter 33

December 24th, 1537, Hampton Court

Two weeks passed. In those two weeks I was busy preparing for the upcoming holidays.

Of course I didn't do this alone, my ladies-in-waiting Giulia, Clarice and Bianca also helped a lot and the younger ladies-in-waiting, Lady Howard and Lady Carey, helped with whatever things they could help with.

All this made sure everything would be perfect for the holidays.

The day before Christmas came which meant that Henry's sister, Margaret Tudor, would arrive at Hampton Court with her daughter.

I didn't know much about Margaret. All I knew was that her son was the King of Scots and she had a daughter besides that, also named Margaret.

~

I sat with Henry on the platform where our thrones were.

I placed my hand on my stomach and felt the baby kick my hand.

I smiled, this child seemed to be even wilder than James when I was pregnant with him.

Henry looked at me. "why are you smiling?" He asked curiously."This child of yours is wild. All I have to do is touch my stomach and he kicks me.

"Then he will be a perfect companion for James." He took my hand and kissed it. "Or a she, maybe it's a princess."

"Whatever it is, I'm happy with both. But a future Duke of York will be great."

I smiled. "Then I'll make sure you have a Duke of York. Now or in the next pregnancy."

Henry smiled back. "By the way, Cromwell's son is getting married and he's invited us to the wedding." I looked up "and who may be the lucky bride Cromwell has chosen."

"Elizabeth Seymour."

I raised my eyebrow. "You mean Jane's younger sister? Is that why you want to go to the wedding?" I tried to seem disinterested.

Henry looked at me briefly. "If that's what you're worried about then it's for nothing. As we agreed, I've left Jane behind and will not contact her again."

"You may have forgotten her but she has not forgotten you. She will do everything in her power to win you back to herself." I started to get angry.

Before Henry could even answer, a footman announced that Margaret had arrived.

"Make way for Her Highness the Dowager Queen of Scotland and her daughter the Lady Douglas."

Margaret walked into the throne room. She was dressed in a red dress set with red roses, the sign of the house of Tudor. Her graying brown hair was pulled back and was covered by an English gable hood.

Her daughter, who turned out to be a little older than me, was wearing a light blue dress. She had her brown hair loose over her shoulders.

"Welcome dearest sister. It is my pleasure to see and welcome you again at court.I've missed you quite much" said Henry. Margaret smiled. "So did i brother. After years away from court it feels good to be home again. My daughter and I needed the English air."

"I understand. Sister, I introduce you to my wife, Lucrezia, Lucrezia, my sister Margaret."

I smiled at Margaret and she smiled back at me. "Sister, it is a real honor for me to meet you. I hope we will have time to get to know each other soon. The same goes for your daughter Margaret."

"Same sister."

Henry gestured to the two chairs next to him and Margaret and her daughter Margaret took their seats and the musicians started playing the music.

I watched Henry and Margaret catch up. Now and then Margaret gave me a look. Not a friendly one but one full of suspicion.

It looked like Margaret didn't like me for some reason.

And I would find out why.