•Chapter 47

October 5th, 1540, Greenwich Palace

"Henry, you're back." I said as I walked into Henry's study. He sat alone, behind his large work table, his hands in his hair.

"Are you okay? You must be exhausted." I said concerned as I got behind him and put my hands over his shoulders and started massaging it.

"The trial was long and exhausting." He said with a sigh as he relaxed his arms. "And what happened? Was he found guilty?."

He nodded "He has been found guilty and will be executed tomorrow."

I had a hard time hiding my smile. It just worked, I got rid of him.

First I had managed to get rid of Jane Seymour and now Cromwell. I was unstoppable and it became clear to me over and over again.

"May God give his soul rest." I said softly. "I took the boys to the gardens today and they loved it. It's going to be cold soon so I try to take them outside as much as possible." I said to change the subject.

"It's nice to hear they had fun. Now that they're still young, that's the most important." said Henry. "I want to make an alliance with Spain. A marriage between his youngest daughter Joanna and our son James."

I smiled again. "That sounds like a good idea. Have you discussed it with Ambassador Chapuys?" I asked.

"Not yet, I just called him here and expect him soon."

I let go of his shoulders. "Then I think it's a better idea that I leave. Will I see you again at dinner?"

He nodded and left the room.

I finally got what I wanted but I now noticed that I really wanted more.

I wanted power. I wanted to be the one to rule next to Henry and not stand next to him like a doll.

I had to show Henry that like Catherine of Aragon, I could rule alongside him.