•Chapter 24

July 13th, 1537,Burbage.

When we finally arrived at the manor of the Seymour family after a 3 hour drive, we were already met in the courtyard.

As Henry got off his horse I was lifted off my horse by the equerries. I patted the fabric of my riding dress and walked over to Henry's side where I hooked my arm through His.

Henry and I walked towards the Seymour family, and they bowed to us.

"Your Majesties. It is an honor to welcome you to wolf hall. I hope you had a good trip." Said Sir John Seymour.

"The journey passed quickly, but the Queen and I are tired and would like to retire briefly." Henry said, I saw him looking at Jane who was smiling at him.

"It is really beautiful here, Sir John. Although I'm afraid the entourage we brought will be too big for your cozy manor." I smiled.

Sir Seymour didn't seem to have noticed or ignored my insult as he kept smiling. "Don't worry, we've made enough room for your entourage. May I escort you in and show you your rooms?"

Henry nodded and we followed Sir John into the manor. We walked up the narrow stairs to the first floor.

"These are the king's chambers." Sir John said as we entered a medium-sized room with a large wooden bed made with the finest silk they probably had.

I saw Henry look around a little disappointed. I squeezed his hand and gave him a warm smile.

"Show us the queen's room." said Henry. Sir John nodded and led us to a room at the end of the corridor, far from Henry's room.

When we entered the room this time it was my turn to be disappointed. My room was smaller than Henry's and didn't have the same luxury as his.

The fireplace in the room had filled the room with a black layer on the furniture and I immediately got a sneeze from it.

"How can I stay in this?" I whispered to Henry. Henry looked at Sir John. "The Queen cannot be in this room, Sir John."

Sir John bowed his head. "I'm sorry, it was only late when we found out that you will be taking the Queen with you, so we were not able to make the proper preparations." He apologized to himself. "Although I did write it in my letter. You know, never mind, the queen will stay with me in my chambers."

"We can give the Queen new rooms, Your Majesty, don't worry about that." John Seymour tried to change Henry's mind but he was already walking away to his rooms, leaving me behind.

I looked across the room again. "Have the room cleaned, my ladies-in-waiting will share the room." I said before walking to my and Henry's room.