2. Ways to go

In reality, it hadn't been that long when Lev finally  pulled up outside Piper's house in his mother's black jeep, but to Jentzen, it had felt like ages of waiting. "Where were you!" Jentzen yelled, sitting up of off the ground outside Piper's door and running towards Lev's car.

"Jentzen, it's literally been twelve minutes, I got here as fast as I could" Lev yelled back so that the younger boy could hear him from afar. Finally, Jentzen reached the black jeep and instinctively climbed in to the passenger's seat next to Lev as he had so many times before. He looked at Lev with a pout, crossing his arms over as if he was mad.

"I had to sit on Piper's doorstep for what felt like ages waiting for you" Jentzen whined in a joking manner, trying not to break into laughter as he wanted Lev to think he was mad at him. "Too bad, stop sulking about it" Lev retorted with a sarcastic smile. Jentzen couldn't help but smile back at him sheepishly.

Lev had always been a sarcastic person, but he never meant his words to come across in a mean or rude way. He had a habit of teasing his friends, especially Jentzen, but half the time Lev would only make sarcastic jokes because he knew it would cause Jentzen to laugh or to smile, and there was nothing Lev loved more than being the reason Jentzen smiled.

For a moment, Lev took a second to fully take in the appearance of the other boy. His short dark hair sat neatly on the top of his head, matching the colour of his dark brown eyes. Jentzen's face was sun-kissed with freckles, the most unique and signature thing about his look. He was wearing his usual denim jeans and surprisingly he was also wearing Lev's merch - the pale blue t-shirt with a small yellow chick in the right corner.

"Nice shirt" Lev complimented with a smirk. For a second he could've sworn he saw Jentzen's cheeks flush red, but perhaps it was just from the hot sun beating down on the two of them through the car windows. "So, where do you wanna go?"  Lev asked, breaking the silence once again.

"Anywhere is fine" Jentzen mumbled, suddenly seeming shy. Lev furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering why Jentzen was acting so embarrassed when he finally looked down and noticed this whole time his hand had been laying on top on Jentzen's.

Lev quickly pulled back his own hand, wondering how he hadn't realised what he was doing. In an attempt to quickly change the topic of attention, he blurted out a few words. "H-Hollywood uhh ramen!" Lev stuttered out nervously. "...what?" Jentzen replied, unsure of what Lev was on about exactly.

"Do you uhh, wanna go grab some ramen at Hollywood Boulevard?" Lev repeated himself, this time able to articulate the full sentence he had intended to get out the first time. Jentzen's eyes lit up excitedly as a wide smile spread across his face. Lev knew ramen was one of Jentzen's all time favourite things to eat, and he was happy to take him to eat it any time he could.

Jentzen nodded his head yes in reply, jumping up and down excitedly in his seat as he chanted "ramen, ramen, ramen, ramen!" This caused Lev to let out a little laugh as he shook his head at the silly boy next to him. It wasn't rare to see Jentzen get so excited over little things since he was a very optimistic person, yet still, every single time Jentzen would, Lev would have the same reaction of his heart feeling full and an unmovable smile plastering itself on his face.

It was this feeling that always made Lev want to vow to himself to make Jentzen happy in every way he could, with every opportunity he had.