43. Bro

Jentzen's POV

After many tiresome hours, filming had finally wrapped up. I'd seen more than enough of Lev's acting during the creation of the 'flirting prank' video.

"Hey, good work today" Lev complimented Cameron, giving him a friendly pat on the back. Cameron fist bumped him in response, tilting his head to the smile with a shrug. "I'm pretty new to all this YouTube stuff, you're the one who really delivered today" he replied.

"Nah man don't be so modest, the video wouldn't have been half as entertaining without you, you played that role perfectly" Lev insisted once again.

"Thanks bro I appreciate it" Cameron nodded. "Although sorry if I was getting too close to your girlfriend at the end there" he apologized.

Lev scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "No problem man, it was just acting after all" he laughed tensely. Can't say he played that one off well.

I sat there watching the two chat back and forth for what felt like an hour, zoning in and out of their conversation. It felt like I had no place to interject and join in as 'bro talk' had never been a strong point of mine.

It was fine though, I didn't particularly mind. It was nice to see Lev make a friend - although, as selfish as it sounded, since him and Cameron had first taken a liking to one another it felt like not once had Lev acknowledged I was still there.

I cleared my throat, hoping to make him realize I'd been silently sat next to them on the couch for who knows how long without a single one noticing my presence. "Oh, hey Jentzen" Lev smiled. I smiled back, opening my mouth to speak but before I could get a word out Lev was turned back to Cameron once again.

I sighed, letting my shoulders slump in defeat. It's fine, I'll just sit here in silence for longer. More minutes passed with me idly looking around the room, paying no attention to their private conversation until I noticed the two of them standing up. "Yo, me and Cam are gonna shoot some hoops at his place, he lives just 'round the block. I'll be back in a bit" Lev mumbled to me before leaving the room.

Cam? Since when did those two get so close as to be on a nickname basis? I would've nodded in response if Lev had given me the time to wait around for a reply but he was long gone. I didn't even care that I hadn't received an invite to join the two, it would've just been nice to receive some sort of attention from Lev - and not even romantical, just a simple display of friendship to say "bye, Jentzen."

I decided to go upstairs to Piper's gaming room and watch some TV alone. The girls were busy doing who knows what and it's not like they would've thought to invite me either, probably assuming I was hanging out with the boys. Hours upon hours passed with no word from Lev who had insisted he'd be "back soon", and eventually I grew tired of waiting. It was dark outside and I was exhausted from filming so I decided it was time to call it quits and stop waiting around for him.

I called an Uber on my phone - since Lev had driven us here and I had no other way of getting back to his house alone - and went outside Piper's house to wait for it. Once I was in, I sent Lev a text - although deep down I felt as if he wouldn't even care if I notified him at all.

Jentzen:
I was too tired to stay and wait. I'm on my way back home.

I locked my phone, placing it in my pocket but my patience ran short and I immediately pulled it back out as if expecting a message in response. Just as I'd thought, nothing. It hadn't even been read. He was probably still busy playing basketball, having forgot all about me. Well, I hope he was having fun.

After a short journey I'd arrived at his house, still with no text back. I sighed, thanking the Uber and leaving the vehicle to enter the house. It felt weird being inside it all alone. I went to the bathroom and did my skincare before changing out of my clothes and opting for some grey sweatpants to sleep in. It was rather hot so I chose not to wear a shirt.

I made sure the food was topped up in Jupiter's - Lev's dog - food bowl to make sure she had enough in case she got hungry in the night. Luckily she had an automatic feeder so she got fed at the right times regardless but I always liked to check. When I went into Lev's room I noticed she was lying on his bed. I smiled, sitting next to her and pulling her into my lap. "Hey, at least you wanna spend time with me Jupi" I cooed, petting her.

I yawned, laying down under the sheets. One final time, I checked my phone, only to see no new notifications. I finally gave in, locking my phone and placing it on the nightstand next to me. I wasn't going to stress myself out waiting any longer. For now, I'll just sleep.