18. Cookies

Lev's POV

"Liana, I'm home" Jentzen yelled as he swung the door to his house open. I rubbed my arm nervously, not knowing why. I'd been to Jentzen's house a million times before, but things felt different now. Everything felt different, but not necessarily in a bad way - more like in a way that... being here with Jentzen felt like we were now doing something we shouldn't.

It was hard to explain, but before we were just friends - now things felt less innocent, like Jentzen was sneaking his boyfriend into his room - which he was, but also wasn't. For all everyone else knew, we were still just two best friends, so of course it wouldn't be weird at all for me to spend the night in his room. We hadn't exactly had the boyfriend talk yet, so I wasn't exactly sure what we were, but I just know that if it was a girlfriend he was bringing over things would be different.

The sound of Liana coming down the stairs broke my train of thought, especially since she was followed by her friend Jess, a girl with red hair and blue eyes. "I hope you don't mind but I brought Lev over for the night" Jentzen announced. She smiled, hugging her brother. "That's fine, but what's not fine is how much I missed youuu" she cooed, squeezing him like a little baby. "Lianaaaa" Jentzen whined, his cheeks turning pink with embarrassment. I let out a little laugh at the whole encounter.

"Hi" Jess greeted me. I gave her a nod to greet in response. "Me and Jess were just about to make some cookies, you guys wanna join us?" Liana offered to me. I opened my mouth to speak but Jentzen cut in. "Uh, yeah, sure, we'll come down later but me and Lev are just gonna go to my room for a bit" he informed her before grabbing onto my arm and pulling me upstairs. Once we were in his room, he closed the door behind us and let out a big sigh.

"Sorry about Liana, I would say she doesn't act like that all the time but that would be a lie" he admitted. I stifled a laugh. "No, it's fine. I think it's sweet how much she cares about you" I noted. Jentzen shrugged, walking over to his closet to grab some clothes. He threw me a large shirt and some sweatpants to wear. "Sorry, I don't really own any actual pajamas, this is what I'd usually sleep in."

"It's fine, me too" I replied. Jentzen looked around the room awkwardly for a few moments before finally speaking up. "If you want I can leave while you chang-" he began, but before barely even started his sentence I had already taken my shirt off. "Oh, sorry- it's fine" I stumbled, throwing on the shirt he gave me. He widened his eyes and turned the other way to face the wall as I started removing my jeans to get some sweats on.

I laughed at how nervous he seemed. "Jentzen, I've changed in front of you a million times before, what's the problem?!" I called out in amusement. Jentzen turned back around once he was sure I'd finished changing. "Yeah, but that was different, that was before you knew the thoughts that crossed my mind every time I'd see you without a shirt but NOW YOU KNOW, now you're gonna notice my lingering stare" he blurted out, his face red with embarrassment.

I tilted my head to the side, cocking an eyebrow at him. "It's not like you were ever subtle about it anyways" I teased. "Heyyyyy" Jentzen pouted, throwing a pillow at me which caused the both of us to laugh. "Well, if you wanna head down and start the cookies with Liana and Jess I'll be right down, I'm just gonna change" he mumbled, rooting through his clothes. "See you down there" I agreed, leaving his room and making my way to the kitchen.

They had already started on the batter, and by the time Jentzen got down there there wasn't much else left to do but put in the chocolate chips. "Hey you did it all without me!!" Jentzen cried out. Liana laughed at her dramatic brother. "Well if you and Lev didn't take so long you could've helped us. What were you two doing up there anyways, making out?" Liana joked.

I choked on the glass of water I was drinking, spilling some on my shirt. Jentzen's mouth was hung open as he remained speechless, finding no words. "Relax she was just joking" Jess pointed out. "Here, you can put the chocolate chips in Jentzen" Jess offered, handing him the bag. Jentzen gasped happily. "Thank youuuuu!!" He squealed, walking over to the bowl and dumping some in before he mixed it all up.

I playfully rolled my eyes to myself seeing how the smallest things could make Jentzen look like the happiest guy on earth. Once the cookies were in the oven and it was just us two left in the kitchen, I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I heard him gasp a quick intake of breath, causing me to smile as I leant my lips towards his ear.

"You know, you're so cute when you're excited" I whispered to him. He placed his hands on mine, which where still around his waist. Just as he was about to turn around to face me we heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, causing the two of us to quickly break apart.

"Sorry, I left my phone." Jess apologized, grabbing it and walking back out of the kitchen. I let out a short sigh of relief. At least she didn't see anything. "Wanna watch the cookies bake in the oven?!" Jentzen asked with a wide smile on his face. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help a stupidly large smile from appearing on my face. "You're such a dork, Jentzen."

Thank you guys so much for getting this book to 3k, this is so crazy!! The comments, votes and general support mean so much to me and keep me motivated to write. I'm super excited about this book, comment some predictions you have for the next chapters!