36. Surprise

It was a fresh morning in Texas. Jentzen had finally made it a week, it was only a few more days until he'd be able to go home. God, he couldn't wait to see Lev. It was all that played on his mind day in and day out after being away from him for so long.

Luckily, Jentzen had made some new friends to distract him while he passed his time in Texas. They'd become surprisingly close over the last week, which Jentzen was grateful for. Outside of the squad, Jentzen wasn't the best at making friends. He always felt like people didn't think he was worth the effort of getting to know, as outside of his large personality online he was actually a rather shy person at first.

Not that the fans would ever know, since his day-to-day they only saw him interact with the squad member's who he'd known for years, allowing him to feel comfortable being his true lively self to the point some people found him almost too loud and extroverted.

Strangely, Lev had called him this morning and insisted Jentzen should go get some ice cream at the local parlor near his house. Jentzen was suspicious of how adamant Lev seemed, but agreed to go get ice cream nonetheless. He wondered why Lev thought it to be so important, but maybe it was as simple as his boyfriend just wanted him to enjoy a cold treat on such a hot day.

Jentzen was sitting on a small wooden bench, staring down at his palms when he felt two hands snake around his neck. He immediately shot up out of the bench in shock, sharply turning around to see who the culprit was.

In that moment, Jentzen froze. He felt his whole heart collapse and his mind fog over, unable to distinguish whether what he was seeing was a dream or reality. Standing behind the bench, grinning, was his boyfriend Lev Cameron.

"Lev?!" Jentzen yelled, more of a question than a statement. He still couldn't be certain that he simply missed Lev so much that he'd completely imagined the image of him. He reached out a hand, feeling Lev's arm to confirm he was real. His fingertips brushed the skin of Lev's exposed arm, confirming he really was there.

"LEV!!" Jentzen yelled again, this time bubbling with excitement. He ran around the bench and leaped into his arms, hugging his boyfriend so tight he thought he might never have the courage to let go. Lev chuckled, wrapping his own arms around Jentzen in the tightest of embraces.

"What are you doing here?!" Jentzen beamed, his smile so wide he thought he might cause his cheeks to hurt. Lev still hadn't let him go, neither had Jentzen attempted to move out of the tight embrace.

"I missed you. I missed you too much, Jentzen" Lev mumbled into his shoulder, trying to breathe in the scent he had missed so much. He felt emotional, as if he would cry, but he didn't want to dampen the mood after seeing how happy Jentzen was to see him.

Finally, the two pulled away so that they could look at each other's faces. Lev smiled as he took in the pretty sight of his boyfriend, from his soft smile to his bright eyes and his cute nose. Lev raised his hand, brushing his thumb over Jentzen's cheek. "Looks like you've got some new freckles" he hummed gently.

Jentzen let a small laugh fall from his lips. "Must be from all the sun" he joked. "Sun-kissed indeed" Lev agreed. Just as Lev felt himself leaning in closer to Jentzen, the sound of the ice cream parlor door opening drew the attention of both boys as the bell at the top rang.

"Yo Jentzen, we secured the goods-" a voice began to say. As soon as Fabian looked up, he noticed the blonde boy that wasn't there before he'd gone in. "Oh, hey" Fabian greeted, trying to hide his surprise. His eyes scanned the two, Lev's hands all over Jentzen - one cupping his cheek, the other resting on Jentzen's waist.

Lev felt the eyes on him and slowly retracted his hands, letting his arms fall by his side. Fabian was holding two ice cream cones, one salted caramel and one strawberry- Jentzen's favourite. Just as one of them was about to speak up, the bell of the door rang again as a girl walked out.