48. Mall

Jentzen's POV

It was the morning after I'd had a sleepover with Piper and Emily. The three of us had decided to go to the mall to get some boba and shop around. While we were in the food court with our drinks, a teenage boy with dark black hair who appeared around my age if not a year older approached us.

He smiled, his green eyes looking between the three of us. "Hey, I didn't mean to disturb you but I was wondering if I could get your number maybe?"

Emily pursed her lips, shaking her head no. "Sorry buddy, I have a girlfriend" she hummed, rejecting him without sympathy. He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "Um, actually darling, I was asking him" he clarified, pointing towards me.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, Piper interrupted me. "He'd love to get your number" she blurted out. I shot her a bewildered look but before u could protest she leaned in and whispered 'trust me' under her breath. I sighed, giving in to her. "Um, yeah, sure you can have my number" I smiled awkwardly, reaching out to take his phone from him. I input my digits and handed it back to him.

"Sweet. My name's Jackson, by the way. I hope to see you again soon, beautiful" he winked before turning around and walking back to where he'd come from. As soon as he'd left, I looked towards Piper with a deadpan expression, awaiting an explanation.

She held her hands up in defense. "Whaaat?! This is perfect for you, we were just talking about how we need a plan to make Lev jealous!" Piper defended herself. "Yeah, but doesn't this seem a bit toxic?" I worried. "It's not like you're cheating or anything. So what, you can't have friends now?" Emily pointed out. "But it's different, Jackson was clearly flirting with me. It doesn't seem right, does it?"

"Oh boo-hoo" Piper mocked, rolling her eyes. "Lev put himself into this situation. It's his own fault you're having to get creative in finding ways to keep his attention and realize your worth. It's not like you're actually going to pursue anything with Jackson, just flirt with him a bit in front of Lev ONE TIME and your work will be done!"

I thought it over for a moment before nodding my head. "Ok, JUST ONCE, and I don't do anything more than just flirting" I repeated. Emily and Piper high-fived, a smirk on their faces. "Now this is gonna be fun."