34. Evelyn's room

Jentzen's POV

It was weird to say, and weirder to experience, but right now I was in a complete stranger's room. Her room was pretty standard, but looked nice. She had LED lights around her ceiling, on a red setting, and vines hanging from her walls, as well as many photos of her and what I was assuming was her friends.

I had only been in here for all of two minutes when the door swung open and in walked a boy. His dark brown hair had a neat middle parting, and his outfit was - well, it was stylish for sure. I wish I knew how to dress like that - baggy blue jeans, white shirt, large sage green vest over it. He pulled off his black cat-eye sunglasses and looked at the two of us.

"Evelynnnn, who's this new guy?" He smirked, leaning on her door frame. She shrugged. "New friend" she mumbled with no further explanation. He walked over and sat on the bed where both of us were. "I'm Fabian" he greeted. "Jentzen" I replied.

A while passed of the three of us just talking and laughing, and I grew to learn a lot about their lives. They had been best friends for years, and they had a habit of insulting each other, but both knew it was just jokes.

"Heyyy, you know what would be fun?" Fabian perked up. "What?" I laughed. "Let's do Jentzen's makeup!!" He cheered. Evelyn gasped. "Oh my god you're right, that would be so cute. Pleasssseeee let me do your makeup Jentzen!" She begged.

I thought for a moment. This was all new to me. I'd never... worn makeup before. Although, I couldn't lie, I'd always been a little interested to see what I'd look like... the thing that had always stopped me from trying was the fear, knowing I was always in the spotlight and anyone could find out and judge me.

However now, in the four walls of Evelyn's room... what's stopping me? No one will ever know. "Uh, ok, sure..." I agreed hesitantly, smiling a little. Evelyn grinned, walking over to grab a makeup bag and sitting back down on her bed.

"Ok, lay down, I saw this look in euphoria and I want to re-create it on you" she instructed. I did what she said and laid on the bed. She leaned over me and started applying some eyeshadow with a brush onto my lids.

As she did my makeup, the three of us continued to talk and laugh. She grabbed some tiny silver gems and placed them around my eyes. Eventually, the makeup was finally done. "Ok, sit up" she urged excitedly. I leaned up, now feeling nervous that it was all completed. I was almost too scared to see what I looked like, yet I stoop and walked to the long mirror that was on her wall.

It was my first time seeing what I looked like, and it was crazy. As much as I hated to admit it, I liked it. Like, really liked it. "What do you think?" Fabian questioned, smiling. I turned around, beaming. "I look sick!" I cheered. Fabian and Evelyn both burst out into laughter, clapping.

"It really suits you, you know?" Evelyn complimented. "You should try embracing your femininity more often" she suggested. I shrugged, but deep down the thought excited me.

Before I could notice, Fabian had taken a picture of me. "What's your number, I want to send this to you" he mumbled, looking down at his phone. I told him and he typed it in. Soon, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Can I style you?" Fabian pleaded. Evelyn got to do the makeup, but everyone knows outfits are my forté!" He exclaimed. I nodded my head in agreement, wondering what he would put me in.

"Ever worn a skirt?" Evelyn questioned suddenly. I could feel my cheeks heating up. "N-no" I stuttered out nervously. "Well, do you want to?"

Before I even had time to answer her question, Fabian was walking out of her closet with a white tennis skirt. "I was supposed to do the styling segment of today's makeover but of course Evelyn had to steal THAT from me too" he groaned, throwing the skirt at me. "Go try it on!" Evelyn insisted. Nervously, I made my way over to her walk-in closet and closed the door behind me.

This all felt so new to me, but it was kind of fun hanging out with the two of them and trying so many things I'd never done before. As soon as it was on, I walked back out, feeling shy.

"Wooo!" They both cheered. "Give us a twirl!" Fabian shouted energetically. I frowned, folding my arms over. "I don't put on shoes for free" I joked.

I looked at myself in the mirror once again, seeing myself in a skirt for the first time. It looked really cute, but I didn't feel too confident in it. It was hard to explain. I liked it. It felt good on me, but... would others like it too? Would Lev like it? Would he think it's weird and not be attracted to me like this?

"Come sit" Evelyn instructed, patting the spot on the bed next to her. I did as I was told. Once I was sitting, she did nothing but look at me for a while before I slowly noticed her leaning closer to me. "Woah, what are you doing?!" I stammered, backing away.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "No girlfriend, but you still won't kiss me?" She questioned. I paused for a second, before deciding to tell the truth. "I... I have a boyfriend" I admitted. I took in a deep breath, not knowing what reaction to anticipate. To my surprise, Evelyn just smiled. "That's nice" she hummed.

I frowned in confusion. "It... it is?" I stuttered. She shrugged, looking at me with an expression of indifference. "Yeah, why not?" She replied. There was a short pause of emptiness until she spoke up again.

"You know, I have... well, had, a girlfriend. She was really nice, but recently things just sort of... didn't work out" she finally spoke, a look of sadness upon her features. I tilted my head in surprise.

Fabian suddenly groaned, throwing his head back in annoyance. "God, not this again" he muttered. "What, what happened?" I chuckled, amused by his actions.

"About a week ago, Evelyn and her girlfriend got in an argument - the most stupid argument ever, and Evelyn has been completely REFUSING to talk to her, but all day every day all I ever hear is oo Fabian I MISS her, Fabian do you think she's thinking about me" he mocked, mimicking Evelyn in a squeaky voice. I burst out into laughter.

"Yet all she's been doing is throwing herself at random people, trying to forget her! She doesn't even like them half the time, she's just doing anything she can to try and move on!" He explained.

I frowned. "But... if you like her and she likes you and the argument was - as Fabian put it - stupid - why won't you just make it up with her?" I asked Evelyn sincerely. She opened her mouth to speak, but seemingly thought of no excuses to justify her actions. "I don't know..." she whispered honestly.

"Hey, but what about you?" She suddenly blurted out, trying to change the topic of conversation. "The whole time you've been here, you haven't gotten a single notification. Why hasn't your boyfriend been texting you?"

I frowned, realizing what she had said was true. "I... I don't know" I admitted. "Besides, how did he ask you to be his boyfriend?" She added. I thought for a moment, before realizing that at no point had Lev explicitly asked me "hey Jentzen, will you be my boyfriend?"

"I... I guess he didn't really, but it's sort of... implied?" I suggested, sounding uncertain. Evelyn hummed in response. "Hm, some boyfriend... and you were trying to have a go at me for my relationship problems."

Your welcome for the double update, also I just published my Emilliana book so go check it out!! And give me ideas for it pls lol