40. Arcade

"No, no, there's no way you've won again!" Jentzen exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air out of disbelief. Lev laughed, reaching over and ruffling Jentzen's hair to try and cheer him up. "We'll find a different game" he offered. Jentzen shook his head stubbornly.

"It's not fair, you're so good at everything!" He whined, pouting at Lev. The blonde shrugged in response, trying to stifle a laugh. "Why don't we try the dancing machine, yet another thing I'll surely beat you at" he teased.

The freckled boy rolled his eyes, walking out of the arcade and into the main fair. Around them were many rides, stands and food stalls. His eyes darted between all the food and games, eager to search for something to do next.

"Oooh, ooh!" Jentzen exclaimed to Lev who had just caught up with him. Before Lev knew what was going on, Jentzen was dragging him over to a stand which had a game of throwing hoops around glass bottles.

Behind the stall was a brunette male wearing a blue cap. He couldn't have been much older than 18 - it was common for teenagers to work part-time jobs at fairs like these. He smiled at Lev and Jentzen fondly.

"I've fallen in love" Jentzen whispered, looking above him to where a huge Snorlax plushie was hooked. lev knew just how obsessed with Snorlax Jentzen was - it was his favorite Pokémon character.

Jentzen handed the man at the stand five dollars, in return being given hoops. Before he threw them, he cracked his neck and his knuckles. "So serious" Lev commented. "You look like you're preparing to head into battle!"

Jentzen barely looked at Lev, instead focusing on the game in front of him. "Nothing will stand between me and my Snorlacks plushie!" He declared, throwing his first ring. Immediately, it hit a glass bottle and rebounded right back before falling onto the ground.

Jentzen looked at it with a deflated expression. "On second thoughts, this may be a tad bit harder than I'd anticipated.... but I won't give up!" He assured himself, regaining his composure.

For the next ten minutes, Jentzen tirelessly tried again and again to win his dream plushie, all to no avail. He'd nearly handed away half his life savings when Lev finally stepped in to stop him. "Hey, Jentzen, why don't you take a break? Maybe you're just hungry, try getting some fuel in you and maybe it will turn out better?" Lev suggested.

Jentzen's shoulders slumped in sadness. "It's no use, I'm never gonna win it. You're just trying to tell me to give up but in a nice way... and you're right, it's never gonna happen" he admitted sullenly.

Lev pulled out a few notes from his pocket and handed it to Jentzen. "Hey, I'm kinda hungry too, why don't you go over and get us each a corn dog?" Lev asked. Jentzen nodded his head, leaving to go get something for the both of them to eat.

The second Jentzen had turned his back and walked away Lev hurriedly approached the man behind the game stall, handing him some cash. "Quick, give me some rings. I've gotta try and win that plushie and I don't have much time!" Lev urged.

The man nodded, handing Lev some rings. Lev threw them, the first two actually landing on the bottles. He tried throwing the rest but none of them landed. Lev turned around in frustration, not knowing what to do. He wanted so badly to win that plushie for Jentzen. He knew how desperately his boyfriend had wanted to win it.

When he turned around to ask the man for another round, he was cut off by a sudden question. "Who is that guy you're with, anyways?" The man asked. Lev thought for a moment before deciding to answer honestly. "He's my boyfriend" Lev admitted. The man smiled, looking at the ring he was holding in his hand. "He seems to mean an awful lot to you, huh?" He enquired.

"He means everything to me" Lev replied, a small smile on his face. "And I can't even win him the stupid plushie he wants" he groaned. The man looked around his surroundings before discreetly placing a ring on one of the glass bottles. "Oh, would you look at that! It seems you've got 3 rings! I think we have a winner on our hands!" He cheered, reaching up and taking down the Snorlax plushie.

"You know, I've got a girlfriend myself, and there's nothing I wouldn't do to see her happy. I hope he likes it" he whispered as he handed the plushie to Lev. Lev smiled gratefully, thanking the man. He noticed Jentzen coming back and tried to hide it behind his back.

"I got the corn dogs, I didn't know if you wanted mustard so I-" Jentzen began, but before he could finish Lev revealed the plushie he was holding with a huge goofy grin on his face. Jentzen's draw dropped so low it nearly fell off, and he immediately approached Lev with a hug, trying not to drop the food in the process.

"Lev! I can't believe you won it! There seriously is nothing you can't do!" Jentzen beamed with excitement. Lev chuckled, stepping away from Jentzen and taking the corn dogs from his hands so that Jentzen could hold the plushie.

The freckled boy looked so hilarious holding it in his arms, seeing as it was almost as big as him. "Thank you so much Lev, I love you" Jentzen blushed, burying his face into the Snorlax out of embarrassment.

Lev's heart felt like it was smiling from how happy he was to see his boyfriend being so happy. He turned to the man behind the stall and mouthed a "thank you" before walking off with Jentzen.

After the two had eaten, Lev proposed that they go on the Ferris wheel seeing as it was almost sunset and they'd be able to capture the view. When they were being strapped in, the plushie took up nearly half the seat, pushing Jentzen and Lev much closer together. Neither of them minded.

Lev grasped Jentzen's hand, holding it warmly in his as the two descended into the air. He was almost certain that there was nothing in life that could be better than this - just being with his boyfriend, seeing his beautiful happy smile and enjoying the smallest moments together.

"I love you" Lev mumbled, resting his head on Jentzen's shoulder as the two watched the sun set,