28. Attempt 2

Jentzen's POV

"This makes no sense, she can't just REFUSE to break up with you" Lev pointed out, popping a grape into his mouth. The two of us were sat at the kitchen counter of Piper's house.

"Well, you'd think not, but she kinda just did" I replied, shrugging my shoulders in defeat. "I pulled out all the stops, I even told her it's not you, it's me".

Lev shot me a look of disgust. "You're telling me you pulled a douchebag move like that and she still wants to be with you?! If you ever tried anything like that on me, you'd be watching this sweet ass as I walked my way out of your life" Lev joked, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Is it really that bad? Should I have tried to be more sincere about it?" I worried, picking at my nails anxiously. "I don't know what to tell you" Lev admitted. I sighed, leaning my head back. "This is exhausting" I mumbled out.

"Yeah, well don't get too tired, you're going in for round two now" Lev stated. "I am?" I questioned, propping my head back up to shoot him a lost look. "Yep. She's out there in the garden. I suggest you get a move on before she finds a way to tie you down into marriage" Lev teased.

I slapped his arm, causing him to flinch and rub it. "Now isn't the time for jokes, Lev, I'm STUCK in a one way relationship!" I cried out dramatically. Lev frowned at me. "Well then instead of whining about it GO FIX IT" he retorted back, throwing a grape at me.

"You're so mean" I pouted, folding my arms over. "Yeah, well I'm gonna be meaner if I have to live my life making room for my boyfriend's girlfriend everywhere I go. 'Oh hey, Jentzen, wanna go on a date?' 'Yeah sure Lev, can I bring my girlfriend along too'?" He mocked, putting on a high pitched voice when imitating me.

"I don't talk like that" I frowned. "I don't care what you talk like until you talk to Elliana. Slap it on her, bro!" Lev insisted. I groaned. "Ugh, fine. But just so you know, I won't forget this!" I warned, shooting him a glare.

"Yeah yeah, love you too" he mumbled as I got up out of my seat and made my way out into the garden where Elliana was.

"Oh, hey Jentzen" she spat, rolling her eyes. "Hey Elliana..." I replied awkwardly. "We uh, we really need to finish talking about what I brought up earlier" I blurted out.

She shot me a hostile look. "I told you, we're not breaking up" she warned. I scratched the back of my neck, genuinely beginning to feel afraid of her. "But the thing about that is... relationships are a two way thing - they don't work if only one person believes it's still official" I pointed out anxiously.

Elliana inhaled sharply, seeming as if she was trying to hold herself back. "So what are you saying? You're going to tell everyone we're broken up so that I'll take it seriously, is that what you're going to do?" She argued.

"Well, I uh-" I stumbled nervously. She scoffed, folding her arms over. "You know what Jentzen? You might be the biggest asshole I know. Screw that, you're the biggest coward I've ever met in my entire life. You break up with me out of the blue and can't even give me a proper fucking reason?" She yelled.

I bad feeling suddenly started to grow inside of me. Everything she was saying was true, and that only made me feel more like a dick. It wasn't like I could tell her the reason we were breaking up is because I was in love with Lev.

"Screw you. You're gonna regret this Jentzen. I'm gonna make you regret stringing me along and then treating me like I'm not worth at the very least a goddamn explanation. You're an asshole and I hope one day you feel the humiliation you've put me through" she shouted before storming off.

Well that went... well, it definitely at least went...

I walked back into the kitchen but when I got there I noticed Lev was gone. That's strange, I thought to myself. I shrugged it off, not thinking too much of it.