9. Attitude

Jentzen's pov

Today had been one of the most nerve-wracking yet exciting days I'd had in a long while. I was sad to leave Lev in the morning after the conversation we'd had before, but all it did was make my excitement to see him again later that day grow. All I'd been able to think about in my audition was how things had changed between us - for the better, of course.

The biggest shock of all, though, was to find out that the boy who I'd pined over and been in love with for over a year now was capable of feeling those same emotions back towards me. Me and Lev had been friends for years - when we met, we immediately clicked in a way I've never connected with anyone else before, and since then we've done everything together.

A year or so in to our friendship, I had realised that my feelings no longer were just of friendship, but rather of love. I never pursued it since he was in a relationship with Piper, even though in my heart I convinced myself they were not happy together to stop my own sadness growing. Maybe it was true after all.

I opened the door to Piper's house excitedly, a massive smile plastered on my face as the first face I saw was Lev's. I felt my stomach doing flips as I looked him up and down, from his fluffy blonde hair to his light blue eyes, to his soft pink lips. He was perfect in every way - at least to me he was, and nothing would change how I felt about him.

Without even stopping to think, I ran up to him, opening my arms to embrace him in a tight hug. "I missed you so much Lev" I admitted, not letting go of him. Lev, cleared his throat. "Uh yeah, sure... that's nice bro" he mumbled. I creased my eyebrows in confusion. 'Bro???? Is that what he still thinks of me as?'

It was at this point I realised Lev hadn't even attempted to reciprocate the hug - his arms were awkwardly dangling by his side, his face making an uncomfortable expression as if he was just waiting for me to let go. And so I did.

I didn't even have time to ask Lev what that was all about before Elliana was by my side, clinging on to my right arm. "Jentzyyyyy, WHERES my hug?" She whined, tugging on my arm so hard I thought it might fall off. I barely noticed her, still looking at Lev who I now glared at with an annoyed expression.

What was wrong with him? I thought last night we finally made progress. I thought last night was us finally agreeing to break out of this cycle and find the strength to reveal our true feelings to everyone - to stop living in this false lie.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions... I'll try something else and see how he reacts. I watched as he walked over to the kitchen counter and sat next to Piper. Without missing a beat, I walked over and sat on the other side of him. He quickly looked over at me but the second our eyes met he looked away once again.

I sighed, thinking about what to do. I watched his hand which rested on the kitchen counter, an idea coming to mind. I slowly inched my hand towards his, trying to be inconspicuous until my pinky was lightly brushing against his. I moved my hand more, trying to grab a hold of his but he abruptly pulled his own back, shooting me a warning glare.

This took me by surprise, but more than that in confirmed my suspicions. I huffed angrily, shooting up out of my seat not even caring about the scene I was making. "What's up with him?" I heard Piper remark as I finally stormed off out of the room.

So that settles it. I know exactly where I stand with him now.