35. Texting

Lev's POV

I laid on my bed, scrolling though tik Tok. These past few days had felt like hell, and I don't care if that was dramatic to think or to say, but being without Jentzen felt like hell to me. After so long of having his presence beside me, seeing his smile everyday and getting to spend every second with him, having that taken away from me in an instant wasn't something I had gotten used to.

As if on cue, a message notification popped up on my phone from Jentzen. It's almost like he knew I was thinking of him, however it wasn't saying much as every second I spent apart from him he was all that would consume my thoughts.

I pressed on the notification, opening our chat.

Jentzen
Hey.

I smiled. Three simple letters, and yet I smiled. It felt like a million years since we'd last spoke, as I was trying not to occupy all his time while he was in Texas to see his father.

'Hey, I miss you' I texted in response. I waited for his reply, and soon enough he sent a message back.

Jentzen
I miss you too. You had me worried you'd forgotten about me, I haven't received a text from you in a while.

I frowned. I never realized he might have interpreted that way. I thought he'd be too busy with his father, but has he been waiting around for me to text him? Had my absence caused him to worry.

'I'm sorry, I was worried about taking up all your time. I didn't want to distract you from being able to spend time with your father, but I promise you all I've been able to think about every second of every day is you' I typed in response.

Jentzen
:) I'm glad. And also, don't worry about distracting me, I need a distraction. Still convinced my father barely knows I'm even here with the amount he's been ignoring me and pushing me away.

I sighed as I read over his text. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew this would happen. I wanted to think Jentzen's father had changed and actually wanted to act like a father, but of course the only thing he could ever get right was hurting Jentzen. I wanted to hold him, to tell him it would all be ok, but I couldn't because of the distance that separated us.

'Are you ok? What have you been doing in Texas?' I questioned. Three dots appeared on my screen, yet they soon disappeared as if Jentzen was thinking about what to say.

Jentzen
Just been hanging out with some people. I made some new friends.

I paused for a moment. New friends? New friends like who? Who had he met? I didn't want to feel jealous, so I convinced myself I was just experiencing a healthy amount of curiosity and interest into my boyfriend's 'new friends'.

'What kind of new friends? Who are they? What did you do with them? :)' I texted, hoping I wasn't asking too many questions and seeming suspicious. I threw in a smiley face to try and sound light hearted.

Jentzen
Just a guy and a girl. We hung out in their room and they did some things to me.

I almost choked when I read his message. My thumbs immediately started typing. 'Did some things to you?! What do you mean?!??'

Jentzen
Oh, no, not like THAT. God Lev, get your mind out of the gutter. I mean like.... no, never mind, I'm too nervous to show you. You'll find it weird.

I creased my eyebrows. Why would Jentzen ever be nervous to show me something? What could it possibly be? He should know I love him no matter what. 'I promise I could never find you weird, Jentzen. Just show me.'

Jentzen
Okay.....

*image attached*

I rubbed my eyes, looking over the picture that Jentzen had just sent me. It was him, but he was wearing a white tennis skirt and his face had some light makeup, with his eyes covered in some glitter and gems.

I didn't know what to say, all I could do was look it over. This was something I had never seen before, something so new to me. Although it was unexpected, I didn't exactly hate it. In fact, I wasn't sure, but I think I might like it.

I always had a feeling that Jentzen had a few slightly feminine qualities, but it wasn't something he expressed or explored often. I knew this was probably a one off for him, but in the picture he looked rather happy.

'You look beautiful' I texted, a small smile across my face. He was always beautiful, no matter what he was wearing and how he looked. I expected a response soon, but a few moments passed before I finally got s response.

Jentzen
Can I ask you something?

'Of course you can' I responded quickly. I nervously bit my lip, waiting for his question.

Jentzen
Am I your boyfriend?

I paused, looking over his message. What could even cause him to think I wasn't? 'Of course you are, what would ever make you think otherwise? We are boyfriends, aren't we?'

Jentzen
Okay, that's good. That's what I thought. It's just... you never actually, you know... asked me.

I immediately went to type that I had asked him, when it dawned on me. Never once did I say the words "will you be my boyfriend". I guess I just assumed that it was applied and that there was no need, but maybe it was important to Jentzen to be asked. I'd never considered that.

Since our relationship had started off in such a secretive way, there were so many things we'd missed out on that normal couples get to experience.
'Ok then, will you be my boyfriend, my little cinnamon muffin?'

Jentzen
Wow, so romantic. My boyfriend asked me to date him over a text message. Aren't I the luckiest prince in all the land.

'I'm joking, Jentzen. Obviously I will find a better way to ask you when you get back. But just know, whether you like it or not, until I get the chance to officially ask you, that doesn't mean you're not my boyfriend right now. You're mine and mine only, and there's no escape. Remember that while you're out there in Texas with these new friends of yours, hanging out in their bedrooms'

Although I hadn't admitted it in my text to Jentzen, I had a better plan than just waiting around here for him to get back until I could ask him. Especially with all these doubts in his mind and these new people he was meeting... it made me feel unnerved.

And so that's why, I had decided it. Come tomorrow, I would be flying to Texas.