12. Filming sucks

Jentzen's POV

Piper walked in to the kitchen, Hunter following behind her with a camera. Even though I knew it wasn't visible, out of nerves I let go of Lev's hand under the counter. He seemed half disappointed but also like he understood why I'd done so.

"Heeeeey Lev" Piper greeted, walking towards where we sat at the counter to snake her arms around his neck. I involuntarily shuddered, not knowing why that action disturbed me so deeply. Lev shot me a warm look of apology without actually saying a word.

"Guess what we're filming today!" Piper asked the both of us, looking back to the camera. I shrugged nonchalantly. She rolled her eyes. "Wow, thanks for all the guesses guys" she retorted sarcastically, plastering on a big smile knowing it would make her audience laugh when they watched the video in two days' time.

"Well..... today we're filming....." she began, slapping her hands on the counter like a drum roll to build suspense. "LAST TO STOP TOUCHING!!!" Piper yelled at the top of her lungs. I suppressed a snort, starting to speak up.

"What, so we all just have to touch one another for the whole day? That's easy, we just have to keep a hand or a finger touching someone at all times" I pointed out. Piper shook her head. "Actually, we won't be completing this challenge as a group, we will be doing it in pairs!" She exclaimed.

Suddenly my heart sank. Of course, how could I be so stupid. Of course this video would be done with couples, Lev would be with Piper and I would be with Elliana, the way it always had to be.

"So it's a couples challenge?" I asked, not doing a very good job of hiding the disappointment in my voice. I looked down at my feet, not wanting my face to be on camera in case I had a sad expression. "Well, no - not necessarily..." Piper replied.

My head shot up immediately, listening to what she had to say. "The pairs will actually be chosen at random, so there's a chance you could get anyone Jentzen!" Piper exclaimed.

"Nooooo" Lev groaned. "Does that mean I might not be with you?" Lev pouted at Piper, sticking out his bottom lip and wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace. She giggled, looking at the camera.

"That's right guys, this is a random challenge, but I really hope I get Lev!" Piper cried out with false dramatization. "Well, now it's time to pick the pairs. SQUAAAAAAAD!!" Piper yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Andddd.... CUT!" Hunter called. "Great take guys" he complimented as the rest of the squad kids filed in to the kitchen. Lev looked as if he were about to turn towards me and say something but I didn't want to look at him, feeling a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I know he had to act a certain way in front of the camera, but the believability in his actions made even me question if his feelings for her were still there.

Yeah, I felt insecure. It wasn't hard to realize I was the one who liked the other more. I told him I loved him and he couldn't repeat those words back as if he were ashamed to say it, he was the one who wanted to bail cause things looked to hard to make work.

Maybe he does like Piper - or maybe he likes the idea of being with her. Maybe he likes how easy and uncomplicated it is - to be with someone who likes you, someone no one judges you for dating, someone the world approves off.

I pushed those thoughts aside as Hunter picked up the camera again. Emily, Elliana and Jenna were now also here, and there was a clear bowl with small folded pieces of paper inside with our names on them. Hunter showed Piper a piece of paper with a small mark on the outside before putting it in the bowl. What's that all about?

Hunter turned on the camera and pointed it at Piper. "Now that we have the whole squad here, it's time to pick our couples! I'll go first!" She exclaimed with enthusiasm as she walked over to the clear bowl. She pretended to mix around the paper but pulled out the piece of paper with the tiny mark and unfolded it.

"Oh my god, no way! I got LEV!" She yelled, jumping up and down with excitement. No, she did not! I can't believe this... Hunter told her which piece of paper would have Lev's name and put a tiny mark on it so she would know which to pick. Of COURSE they had to have the star couple together so that this video will get more clicks.

"Ok... who's next.... Jentzen?" Hunter asked. I sighed, walking up to the bowl and abruptly pulling out the first piece of paper my hand touched. I unfolded it. "Emily" I mumbled unenthusiastically, reading the name out.

"Aww, look at how disappointed he is that he didn't get Elliana!" Hunter pointed out from behind the camera. Yeah, sure, if that's what you want to believe...

Emily awkwardly shuffled towards me, barely making any eye contact. As a process of elimination, that meant Elliana and Jenna were paired together. "On the count of three, everyone must be touching their partner. Doesn't matter if you're holding hands, kissing them, touching knees, you just have to be touching them at all times" Hunter explained.

"One... two... three... go!" Hunter yelled. Emily put her index finger on my shoulder, touching me with a single finger. She looked super nervous like she didn't want to get too close to me. As long as we're touching it's fine I guess.

I looked over to Lev, who stumbled back as Piper leaped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist. He smiled at her with a stupid little smile. The more I watched the two the more I felt anger begin to rise within me. No, maybe it wasn't anger but rather jealousy... but I wasn't about to admit that to myself.

For our first challenge we had to float across the pool on a floatie meanwhile touching our partner. Our second challenge was a race, and our third was to drink a slushy as fast as we could. Me and Emily almost lost when she got a brain freeze but I held on to her wrist so we wouldn't get eliminated.

From now on people would start getting eliminated, and for our next challenge we were heading to the mall. The whole video Piper and Lev had been flirting, and it was a hard sight to see. If anything, I knew today would be one long day.

A/N: hi guys I'm so sorry for not updating for a while I had exams but they're finished now so I'm back to regular updating :) I promise you guys no matter what I will finish this book, never think I've abandoned it!! I wanted to tell you but didn't want to take up a whole chapter just to put up an author's note. Love u all, <3

Don't forget to vote and comment!! It helps out a TON