25. Flowers

Jentzen's POV

I sighed, turning over in my bed. Anxiety was running through me, coursing through my veins with more intensity with every second that passed. At this very moment, Lev was with Piper, finally ending it between them. Would it go well, or would everything fall apart? Things could have already gone horribly wrong and I'd be laying here none the wiser to any of it.

I felt sick to my stomach at the thought that news of me and Lev could already be traveling, making its way right to Tiffany where she was already plotting the ways she could keep us apart. I don't know how I could live on knowing the last time I got to see Lev's face in person he'd had tears streaming down his face and I had been the cause.

Suddenly, a sound against my window pulled me out of my thoughts. Id gotten so deep into my own head it took me a moment to collect myself. I arose, walking over to the window and cracking it open to peer outside. I looked down, seeing a familiar blonde boy holding a bunch of flowers, a goofy smile plastered across his face. Without realizing, I grinned back at him.

I practically ran down the stairs, sprinting to my front door and eagerly opening it. Luckily I didn't rip it off it's hinges completely with the rate I was going at. Finally me and Lev were stood face to face once again.

"Hi..." I greeted feebly, nervously scratching the back of his neck with the hand that was free. "I didn't want to... didn't want to knock on the door in case your sister answered and was wondering who the flowers are for" he mumbled sheepishly, his cheeks already heating red.

"And who are the flowers for?" I joked, wanting to tease him further after seeing how flustered he was. He crinkled his eyebrows in confusion, looking taken aback for a second. "They're... they're for you?" He stuttered, almost as if he was asking a question rather than telling me. I let out a small laugh.

"I know, I was just messing with you" I admitted, gratefully accepting the bouquet from him. For a second the space between us felt like it was growing as silence settled. Neither of us spoke for a few moments, either not knowing what to say or having so much to say that we didn't know where to start.

"So.." "so-" we both blurted out at the same time unintentionally. "Uh, you go first" Lev offered. I nodded. "So... how did it go?" I questioned. This was the moment of truth, the answer I had been waiting for all morning. I scanned Lev's face, looking for a response - looking for anything, and desperately hoping the news was good.

Finally, a small smile made its way across his face. "It's all going to be ok" he hummed. In that moment my heart felt like it had been liberated of a thousand weights, and I could finally breathe again. My mind buzzed with astonishment. "Piper said she's going to help us" Lev added.

"Help us?" I asked quizzically. "She just wants us to be happy, and she said if it's what it takes, she won't say anything about me and her breaking up, but when it comes to filming videos she'll try and avoid making us do anything involved with couples or liper. She really doesn't want to compromise what he have, and so she's agreed to display as little affection as possible towards me. No more trying to kiss me, hold my hand, nothing. These lips are only for you, baby" Lev joked, chuckling at his own words.

"This is all so crazy... I can't believe it actually worked. We actually.... we can really be together for real now, and I won't have an insane burden of guilt about it" I breathed out happily. "Eh" Lev shrugged. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, Piper agreed with me that she also felt we'd only stayed together for so long because it was expected of us. Also, she said she kinda knew about you and me-" Lev explained, but I cut him off.

"WHAT?! She KNEW?! HOW!!!!" I exclaimed, panicked. Lev snorted. "Let's just say I'm not the slickest of smooth dudes, apparently my eyes linger to a certain freckled boy a little too often. Hey, at least you can say I've always had eyes for you" Lev teased, wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

I chuckled at his joke, but soon after another short silence had fallen between us. I looked over Lev's face, which had now fallen slightly as if he was thinking something over deep in his mind.

"Can I... come in for a second?" He asked solemnly. I nodded, immediately stepping aside so he could enter my house. I closed the door behind us. "I know this is a time for us to be happy, but I really wanted to talk to you about a few things - and I mean really talk to you - no more jokes or teasing, just pure honesty."

I nodded in agreement, not wanting to interrupt him. He took a deep sigh before he began talking again. "Firstly... will you come home now?" He asked nervously, unable to look me in the eye." My eyebrows knitted together, not understanding what he was saying. "What do you mean? I'm at my house right now?" I questioned. Lev shook his head, finally looking me in the eye.

"No, home where you belong, home with me" he repeated himself more clearly. "Oh" I smiled, finally understanding. "If you'll still have me" I replied happily. Lev finally let out a sigh of relief. "And secondly" he began again. "I want you to know how I feel about you, how I truly feel about you, so that you can never doubt my intentions again" he explained. I gulped nervously, but nodded for him to go on.

"I hope you know that I love you more than anything in this world, and I'm not afraid to say it anymore. Last night, in that moment where I thought I was going to lose you, it made me realize I can no longer live a life that doesn't have you in it."

I smiled, searching his eyes. It felt like he was looking deep into my soul, an expression of sincerity on his face. There was nothing playful or dismissive about his tone or expression and I knew his words were coming straight from a place of vulnerability.

"I love you too, Lev" I laughed, slapping his shoulder. "You don't have to look so serious, you know" I joked. "But I am serious, Jentzen. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you happy each and every day. You're the love of my life and I don't want to ever loose you or fight like that again, that was the scariest moment of my life. I felt like my heart was going to burst" he admitted.

I looked at him softly, wrapping my arms around his neck so that our faces were inches apart. "Well you're not going to loose me. Not now, not ever - I promise. I'm all yours" I whispered to him, our eye contact still unbreaking. With that, Lev finally cracked a small smile as he leaned his head closer and captured our lips in a kiss.

I melted into it, feeling the passion and emotions of the moment as his soft lips pressed against mine, an affectionate display of our love. His grip around my waist tightened as he pulled me closer, not yet ready to break away from the kiss. Even though I was running out of air I wasn't ready to pull away from the sweet sensation either. My stomach was giddy and my head felt light as his thumb rubbed circles on my side.

Finally, the two of us broke apart, goofy smiles spread across both of our faces. "Well that was nice" I mumbled, my cheeks turning light pink. "Mind if I do it again?" Lev smirked. My smile somehow grew wider as I nodded, leaning back in.

Sorry for the long wait, but exams are finally over! I'll be back to regular posting now. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and comment! <3