23. Painful to see

Jentzen's POV

The day had passed by painfully slow, each moment feeling longer than the one before. The things I'd witnessed between Lev and Piper from the hugs and the kisses to the brushing of hair behind the other's ear and the sweet words of affection were all getting to much for me to bear. I felt like I wanted to burst out with anger, but I was too emotionally drained to do anything but go along for the painful ride.

It was nearing the end of the day and I was sat alone in the gaming room, wondering what Lev could be doing. I knew he wasn't filming because Hunter had passed by the room not long ago. I had a conflicted feeling of not wanting to see him right now yet to also know exactly what he was doing and who he was doing it with. Bitter curiosity had gotten the better of me and I decided to go find him.

The first place I thought to look was in Piper's room - for reasons that my mind had traveled to dark places where I could only picture him doing things I hope he wasn't doing. I decided rather than walking through the main entrance of her room I'd go through the closet so I wouldn't be seen.

Ok, I know it's wrong of me, and it's like I'm spying on him, but if something's going on I need to know or the thoughts swirling in my mind won't calm down and I'll be suffocated by the chorus of voices telling me horrible things I don't want to hear. I had to see the truth for myself.

Immoderately as I entered through her closet I could hear their voices -it was him and Piper. The closet lights were turned off but the door that led to her room was open, which meant I could see the two of them on her bed. Lev was laying down and Piper was resting on top of him, her head on his chest and her arms hugging him.

"Im so tired from all the filming today" she mumbled. Lev hummed in agreement. "Yeah, not in a mean way but I hope the video can end soon". Piper gasped sarcastically. "Are you saying you don't like being married to me?" She giggled. Lev rolled his eyes, snorting. She leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips.

At this point I turned on my heel, having seen enough. No matter how much I hated it I couldn't help feeling all the voices in my head were right. I walked straight out of the closet, accidentally knocking something over as I made my way out.

"Did you hear that?" I heard Piper ask right before I left. I was gone now, so I had no idea what they would be talking about. They probably ignored the sound and got right in to making out. I almost didn't have the energy to care. I just wanted to go home - my home.

I used to think home was a person and not a place, but the person I used to think was my home no longer felt safe to me.

Before I could run down the stairs an arm was wrapped around my wrist, pulling me back. It was only when Lev turned me around I realized tears had been falling down my red face. "Let go of me" I spoke out, trying not to let my voice break. It was embarrassing to let him see me cry when he would probably go back to Piper's room and laugh with her about the whole thing afterwards.

"No, I'm not letting you go!" Lev raised his voice. Something in what he said felt personal, as if his words had a different meaning to him then they would to others. "I don't want to talk to you right now" I mumbled, looking away from him. I heard him let out a deep sigh. "Well then it's too bad you don't have a choice" he huffed.

The next thing I knew both his arms were wrapped around my torso and he was lifting me up. "Hey, let me go!" I protested, wriggling about to try and get loose from his grip. That only made his arms tighten around me. Jeez, this dude has a grip like a gorilla.

He had walked me all the way back into the gaming room and had flung me onto the bed. He darted to the door and immediately shut it, standing in front of it to block any chance of escaping that I had.