22. Jealousy, Jealousy.

Jentzen's POV

I sat on the couch, waiting to see what video Piper was filming today. I know it was wrong of me, but I hoped in my heart it would be a regular squad video and nothing to do with her and Lev. What we were doing was wrong, and I did feel bad that Lev was essentially cheating on Piper, but the two of them haven't acted like a true couple for a long while now. I wondered if there was any feelings still there between either of them - but nonetheless I had the seed of jealousy planted in my mind, unable to remove it.

I heard footsteps down the stairs, causing my eyes to instinctively look up. Lev was descending, and shockingly he was wearing a suit. Hunter was behind him filming, a wide smile on his face. "Jentzennnn!" Hunter called out, the two of them making their way over to me. "How do you think I look?" Lev asked, nervously flicking his eyes between me and the camera. "Uh, you look a little too dressed up for a regular Tuesday morning but that doesn't mean you don't look great" I blurted out without thinking.

"Yeah, my boy Lev looks sharp!" Hunter chimed in from behind the camera. Lev laughed a little, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Seriously though, why are you dressed up like this, it feels like you're about to propose to me" I joked, hoping my words weren't crossing the line or too suspicious. It was normal for me and Lev to "flirt" on camera for the fans as they always took it as a joke, so I didn't want to seem weird by being hostile or ignoring Lev altogether.

Hunter panned the camera between me and Lev before speaking up again. "Well... Lev won't be proposing to you today, but he may be proposing to someone..." Hunter trailed off.

"What?" I questioned, feeling my heart drop. I tried not to show the wave of emotion that threatened to cross my face, knowing the fans may pick up on it. When the camera wasn't facing Lev he gave me a sympathetic glance, which I knew was his way of saying sorry. I forced a fake smile. "Does that mean I get to be a best man?!" I yelled.

"Quiet Jentzen, Piper is in the garden, don't ruin ghe surprise!" Hunter warned. I mouthed an 'oh' and stood up to walk into the kitchen where I could see Piper sitting in the garden through the large glass window. Lev and Hunter followed behind.

"Ok guys, now's the time! I gotta go propose to Piper so we can start this challenge. As you guys know I love Piper very much and maybe this will be our future one day, but for now let's see if we can survive 24 hours!" Lev explained. I shot him a glare, walking out of the view of the camera so I wouldn't be seen. "Was he saying this for the video, or did a small part of him still believe he could make things work with Piper?

After all, we've barely been together for long whereas they have years of romantic history. Ugh, I'm an idiot. Who am I to think I can compete with someone who's dated him for years? Can me and Lev even have a future together? I'm a boy, and Piper's a girl. By dating me, his whole future is decided - he'll have to face prejudice, judgement and it could even badly damage his career. Staying with Piper is the safest choice, and maybe he's starting to realize it.

While I was lost in thought I hadn't even noticed Hunter and Lev walked out into the garden. The thing that brought my mind back into reality was hearing Piper shout "YES" at the top of her lungs. That means he's already asked her - in a way I'm glad I didn't have to see it, but now I can see Piper's arms wrapped tightly around his neck, bringing him in for a deep kiss which he returned. He returned it.

I sigh, looking away from the painful display. Today was going to be awful, and what hurt the most to know is that each encounter they share, Lev might be slowly realizing all the ways being with Piper is better. I took one short glance back at them to see a smile on Lev's face as he looked down at Piper. Fuck.

This hurts so much more than I knew it could. I felt like I needed to get out of there, sooner rather than later, but before I could find a moment to leave Hunter was walking back in to talk to me.

"Jentzen, get ready, we're about to film some more scenes for Piper's video. Her and Lev have a lot to film today and they need as much help as possible" he informed me. I bit back my words and instead just nodded, following after him to ask what I could do for the video today.

This was going to suck so hard.

Sorry to everyone that I took such a long break I just had such an insane amount of school work but I promise no matter what this book will be finished, I won't abandon it. You might have forgotten the context by now so I suggest going back and reading the other chapters for a refresher of what's going on.