39. Flight back

Jentzen's POV

I awoke to the sound of my door abruptly swinging, as if it had been kicked open or shoved with great force. I immediately shot up in a panic, locking eyes with my father. I knew that Lev was sleeping next to me as he'd snuck in last night, and I was overcome with fear wondering what my father would do now seeing the both of us together.

I looked over to Lev's side of the bed, but much to my surprise, it was completely empty. He was gone - vanished, with no trace that he'd ever been here at all. I looked back to my father, trying to gain some composure and not act as if anything was off when Lev walked up behind him, yawning dramatically.

"Morning Mr. Ramirez. Good sleep?" Lev asked, walking past him to enter my room. My father looked between Lev and the hallway, noticing the door of the room Lev had 'supposedly' slept in was now open, indicating he had just come from there.

"Yeah.... I slept fine. And you? Good sleep?" My father asked Lev suspiciously. Lev shrugged nonchalantly. "What can I say? Slept like a baby. Thanks for letting me stay over" Lev smiled. My father was at a loss for words. He had no idea what to say - in fact, there was nothing he could say.

Lev had covered everything up so neatly that my father had absolutely zero reason to accuse us of disobeying his rules. Finally, he shook his head and left the room, leaving just me and Lev behind.

"H-how did you.... you just- teleported- you were here just a second ago-" I began stuttering out in confusion, looking between Lev and my bed. He chuckled, walking over to me and placing his arms around me to pull me into a hug. "I slipped out a half hour ago, I just didn't want to wake you... you looked to peaceful. I'm not an idiot, Jentzen, I knew your father would come in and check on us the second he woke up. Had to plan ahead, you know." Lev explained.

I nodded my head in understanding. "What would I do without a boyfriend as smart as you?" I cooed. Lev blushed slightly. "I don't know. You bring the cute to this relationship and I bring the intelligence. Without me, you'd just be a big ball of stupidly cute" he joked. I rolled my eyes, lightly slapping his shoulder.

"So what's the plan?" I suddenly questioned, shifting the conversation. "I already booked the tickets, come evening we'll both be on a flight back home" he smiled. I immediately lit up, throwing my arms around his neck and pulling him close to me. I couldn't believe he'd already sorted everything out so soon when it was only last night that we'd discussed it.

"If you hug me any tighter I may be the first man to ever die from love overload" Lev joked, letting out a small giggle. I nervously released him from my grasp, laughing along with him. "Sorry, I just- thank you. Thank you for caring so much." I whispered, shyly looking down. He raised a hand and patted my hair. "Anything for you" he cooed.

"So" he cleared his throat, stepping away from me. "Do uh.... Is there anything you want to do today before we leave Texas and go home?" He questioned. I shrugged, thinking for a moment. "Honestly I just want to wait around in the airport until the second I leave this god forsaken place, but then again it could be fun to go on a Texas date with you - it feels like somewhere we can actually be ourselves outside the four walls of your house, you know? There's no one around us here to tell us what to do or how to act - apart from my father, of course..." I ranted awkwardly.

Lev nodded in response. "A Texas date sounds fun. I get what you mean, management can't reach us from all the way here. Any ideas where to go?"

I paused, racking my brains for a nice location to take him. "Hmmm.... how about.... the arcade? Or the fair?" I offered self consciously, not knowing if Lev was going to hate the idea.

"YOOOO that sounds like so much fun!!!" he cheered, getting hyped up. I let out a small breath of relief, seeing that he liked my suggestion. "Perfect, let's go then" I smiled.

Me and Lev both got changed before heading out. Something inside me told me today was going to be a good day.