27. Refusal

Jentzen's POV

Me and Lev had been at Piper's house for all of five minutes. After breakfast, we had changed and Lev drove us over here. He wasn't really supposed to be driving his mom's car while she was away but he assured me there was no way she'd know.

When I had told Lev this morning that I planned to break up with Elliana, he could barely speak from how startled he was. He'd of course worried if breaking up with Elliana was a bad idea, since she could easily find out what was going on between me and Lev and tell management.

I agreed it was a huge risk, but there was one thing I knew for sure. To management, liper was the biggest ship. I'm sure as long as they were under the impression Piper and Lev were still together, they'd allow me and Elliana to publicly break up.

I'd bring up how many new content opportunities it could create for us as well, being able to make "ex girlfriend" videos - surely they wouldn't turn their heads to fresh video ideas? It sounded sickeningly materialistic, but showing them the views it would bring would be my easiest way to play my way out of that relationship.

I was certain it would work, the only thing left was to figure out what I'd say to Elliana. I couldn't tell her the real reason I was breaking up with her - "hey, sorry Elliana, I like men" - no, no. I could not do that.

Suddenly the front door opened and in stepped the blonde girl who had been troubling my thoughts the whole morning. I guess I'd have to think of something to say quick, as now was the time.

"Hey Elliana" I greeted walking over to her. She smiled at me, wrapping her arms around me. "Hi Jentzen!" She replied enthusiastically. I slowly stepped out of her hug. "Mind if I talk to you upstairs for a minute?" I questioned. She shrugged. "Yeah, sure" she agreed, following me upstairs.

I took her into Piper's room since it was empty and I definitely wanted to do this somewhere private. "Here, come sit on the bed with me" I sighed, sitting down and patting the spot next to me. Elliana wearily sat down, a look of confusion on her face.

"Is everything...ok?" She questioned tentatively. I looked up at her with sympathetic eyes. "I've been meaning to talk to you about... us. And before you say anything, I don't know if this will feel out of the blue for you or if you've noticed the past few weeks I've been distant. But... I think we need to break up" I admitted nervously.

For the first few seconds there was dead silence, which was almost worse than her saying something back to me. It felt deafening, suffocating awaiting her reaction.

"whAT?!" She finally blurted out. "You're trying to BREAK UP WITH ME RIGHT NOW?!" She yelled. I flinched at the volume of her voice. "Listen, it's not you, it's m-" I began, before she cut me off with a sarcastic laugh. "No Jentzen, you are NOT about to try and use that fucking line on me you ASSHOLE" she retorted.

I widened my eyes at her anger, but I couldn't put it past her - part of what made up Elliana was her feisty personality.

"I just... I think it would be best for us. You deserve better than me, someone who can match your energy and show you true love and appreciation" I tried to tell her.

She glared at me. "No" she deadpanned. "N-no...?" I stuttered. "I said no, we're not breaking up. READ MY LIPS, n-o. Understand?" She patronized.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. "Close your mouth Jentzen, you don't want any more bullshit to come out of it" Elliana mocked, lifting my jaw. She got up off the bed and brushed off her black skirt. "Well, see you later babe, I've got to go blow of some steam" she announced, walking out of the room and leaving me sat there in shock.

"I'm... I'm confused...." I mumbled to myself, my eyebrows furrowed. A few moments later Lev walked into the room with a big goofy smile on his face. "So? How did it go?" He beamed. I let out a heavy sigh, shaking my head in bewilderment. "You don't even wanna know..."