13. The camera changes everything

Lev's POV

We were now at the mall, still filming Piper's video. The whole day I hadn't had a chance to speak to Jentzen alone since Hunter had started filming since I'd been touching Piper the whole time. Even when the camera was turned off for a few minutes here and there, it was like he was avoiding me like wildfire.

I could tell he was sulking about something, and it wasn't hard to guess what. I wanted to hold his face and tell him that everything I was doing was just acting - just a front for the camera - but I couldn't. Not yet, at least. The funny thing was, as soon as the cameras turn off Piper also becomes less clingy towards me.

If anything, it feels like Piper heightens our relationship for the camera just as much as I do. Sometimes when we're not filming it almost feels as if we're more friends than boyfriend and girlfriend, but I remember times in the past where she would remind me of her feelings so it's hard to forget that regardless of how it may seem she does still see me romantically.

Our current challenge was to buy a gift for another pair, and conveniently enough me and Piper had gotten Emily and Jentzen. It was decided I would buy Jentzen's gift and Piper would buy Emily's.

"The funny thing is" Piper began, holding my hand as we walked through the mall. "We both got our best friends" she finished, smiling up at me. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you know Emily better than any of us, and I know Jentzen almost better than I know the back of my hand" I agreed.

Although, for a moment, my own words began to sink in. I'd always liked to think I knew Jentzen better than anyone else in this world, but lately it didn't feel to be the case. I never would've thought that all this time he'd been hiding feelings for me, but maybe that was because I was to naïve to believe my love could ever be returned - I was blinding myself to the signs out of my own self doubt.

I used to be able to read him so easily, but now when I look at him I don't see the thoughts that cross through his mind, I only feel the emotion in his eyes that he can't hide. Today there was a certain bitterness or pain, one that I couldn't precisely pin point.

Me and Piper discussed what we wanted to get for Jentzen and Emily, before suddenly coming to an amazing conclusion. We waltzed in to the jewelry store where custom pieces were designed, telling the assistant exactly what we each wanted.

We all drove home, where we would film giving each other our selected gifts. Hunter had followed Emily and Jentzen around with the camera, complaining that they were barely touching and could easily get disqualified.

Jentzen replied with something along the lines of "Emily looks AFRAID to be near me, am I the issue it do you just hate ALL men?" To which Emily's face heated up red and she accidentally moved her finger from Jentzen's shoulder, disqualifying their team.

We were basically home by now, pulling in to Piper's driveway. As soon as the car was parked, Jentzen flung the door open and was already heading into the house. I paused for a second, frustrated I couldn't follow after him until I realized Hunter wasn't filming. I let go of Piper's hand and quickly slipped out of the car, following behind Jentzen into the house.

I looked around, unable to see him at first, however I soon assumed where he'd be. I walked up the stairs to find him, knowing he'd gone to Piper's room to be alone. "Hey..." I mumbled as I carefully pushed the door open, my eyes immediately falling on him who was sitting on Piper's bed facing away from me.

"What do you want" he groaned, not turning to look at me. I sighed, walking my way over to him. I sat down next to him on the bed, my eyes scanning his face. "Why are you avoiding me?" I asked bluntly, getting straight to the point. He raised his eyebrow, finally looking at me.

"Are you serious? All day you've been flirting with Piper, giggling with her even when the camera's off and when it's on you're all over her with that sickeningly sweet look in hot eyes!" He bit back at me.

I paused for a second, a little taken aback. I'd felt guilty the whole day watching his hurt expression every time I would show false affection towards Piper but he wasn't giving me the opportunity to explain myself. Now that I'd finally caught him alone, I guess it was the time to have the talk.

"Jentzen... I'm so sorry, ok? I've been trying to catch you alone all day to try and talk to you, but you keep running away. I'm sorry for the things I'm doing, but you know I have to. I have to keep up the act every time the camera comes on, or everything falls apart" I replied sadly.

Jentzen huffed. "I know that, but it doesn't mean... it doesn't mean you have to look at her like that, with so much love in your eyes..." he began, stopping for a second to control his voice as it sounded as if he was holding back tears. "You don't have to remind me that maybe I'm not good for you like she is, and that maybe it would be easier for you to just stay with her and forget about us. You clearly still love her either way" he mumbled, averting his eyes to the ground.

I let out a long sigh, looking sadly at the freckled boy in front of me. "Jentzen... listen to me" I spoke softly. "Look up" I ordered, gently grabbing his chin and lifting his face up so that our eyes met. "It wouldn't be easier for me to stay with Piper, because to do that would be me lying to myself. I like you, and only you. You're the only one I think about, the only one I feel for. I don't want her, no matter how much I have to paint the idea that I do. I only want you."

Jentzen searched my eyes wildly, his facial expressions unreadable. "I'm sorry, I just hate seeing you like that with someone else. I get jealous and I can't help it. The way you act around her makes me so insecure that you're still in love with her as I know you once were. I'm constantly scared that at any second those feelings will come back or even that they never left. I don't know how to stop the jealousy I feel every time I see you with her" he admitted.

I gave him a half smile. "Well I know how I can diminish your worries, we can start by going downstairs so I can show you what me and Piper have been giggling about all day, as you put it" I laughed, causing Jentzen to also let out a little snort.

"Ok..." he agreed, standing up off of the bed and walking over to the door. "Wait" I called out, causing him to stop in his tracks. I caught up to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him, burying my face into his neck. "I'm sorry" I mumbled, holding him tighter. His arms had wrapped themselves around me to meet my embrace. "I know".