26. Safe Space

Lev's POV

I yawned, raising a hand to rub my eyes as I began to wake. Everything around me felt so warm, so safe. Once the blurriness in my vision faded, my sight fixated on the freckled boy next to me, still fast asleep. I smiled, reaching out to brush a strand of hair from his face. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, but I wanted to wake him so we could spend the morning together and not sleep through it.

"Hey, Jentzen" I called softly. He lightly groaned, rolling over to face away from me. I let out a small giggle at his cute actions. "Jentzennn.." I called again, poking him. He flicked my hand away, still not opening his eyes. "Good morning" I chuckled, amused by the stubborn boy.

"Bad morning" he mumbled back, finally rolling back over towards me and slowly opening his eyes. "Hey, you're gonna be the one complaining later if I don't get my beauty sleep - you think all THIS happens on a solid six hours of rest?" He joked, indicating at his face. "You would look beautiful even if you never slept again" I replied, leaning in and placing a short kiss on his forehead.

That seemed to cut out his sassiness as he fell quiet, a tint of red crossing his cheeks. I smiled down at him, in love with every part of the boy next to me. I loved the way he smiled, the way he laughed, the way a single kiss could turn him from a sassy sarcastic person to shy and adorable.

"This is my favourite thing" I mumbled, my eyes still scanning over him. "What is?" He questioned in confusion, his eyebrows knitting together. "Getting to wake up next to you every day" I smiled in response. His cheeks heated up further, causing him to bury his face in the covers out of embarrassment.

"Ok, I'm not mad anymore" he admitted, his voice muffled by the covers. "No no, I got the message" I joked, standing out of bed. "You get your beauty sleep and I'll go down and make us breakfast since clearly I'm the house-husband in this relationship and I need to keep my king happy".

Jentzen finally pulled the covers down, revealing his face which had a sad expression. "You're leaving without me?" He pouted, sticking out his bottom lip to portray his sadness at this abandonment.

"Fine, come with me then" I insisted, trying to pull the covers off of him. "Nooo!" He cried out, yanking the covers back over his body tightly. "It's freezing!" He yelled dramatically. I sighed, walking over to my closet. "It's fine, I have the perfect thing for you to wear."

I rooted through my clothes until I finally pulled out a pink hoodie blanket. It was essentially a long wearable blanket with a hood. "Hey, isn't that what we used to wear in our among us in real life videos?" Jentzen questioned. I nodded, throwing it over to him.

"Luckily I have one to match with you" I grinned, pulling out a second, dark blue hoodie blanket. "Hey, why do you have two?" Jentzen questioned, looking between the two blankets. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "Uh, one of them is mine and one used to be Pipers" I mumbled, almost hoping he wouldn't hear me.

Jentzen screwed his face up in discontentment. "Eewwww, you want me to wear your ex girlfriend's blanket hoodie?! What am I to you, some cheap seconds?" He protested. I rolled my eyes. "It's just a blanket Jentzen, now are you cold or not?"

"Ugh, fine" Jentzen caved. "Might as well have 'liper' embroidered over it" he mumbled under his breath, but not quiet enough that I couldn't hear him. "Althoughhhh" he began, a small grin beginning to form on his lips. "I want the one that smells like you" he smiled, batting his eyelids innocently.

"Ugh, fine, whatever" I mumbled, giving in. Jentzen mumbled a little yesss under his breath as I switched my dark blue blanket hoodie for his pink one. "Well, go on. Put it on!" He urged cheerfully. Reluctantly I put on the pink blanket, and Jentzen changed into the blue one.

"The things I do for love" I cried out dramatically. Jentzen laughed at me, finally getting out of bed and walking over to me to pull my hoodie up. "Let's go my little pink gumdrop" he cooed, grabbing my hand and pulling me down the stairs. "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, call me anything like that again and I'm kicking you out" I joked, causing Jentzen to snort as a failed attempt to suppress his laughter.

Once we were downstairs in the kitchen, I started cooking us some pancakes. It didn't take long for them to be ready, so I plated them and diced some fruit to put on the side. Jentzen gratefully accepted his plate, digging into his pancakes before I even had the chance to sit myself next to him.

"My boyfriend is the best breakfast maker in the whole world" Jentzen mumbled with a full mouth of food. "Your boyfriend will still be a good breakfast maker after you allow yourself a chance to swallow your food" I replied, teasing him for speaking with his mouth full.

"Hey, Lev, I have something to tell you" Jentzen said casually, still shoveling food into his mouth. "Hmm?" I replied nonchalantly, mostly preoccupied with my own breakfast. "I love you, and also I wanted to tell you that I'm breaking up with Elliana today" Jentzen beamed with a wide smile.

"I love you t- wait WHAT" I choked, dropping my fork onto my plate.