Chapter 13 - Specs x Romeo

P.E. Class Romances
Ship - Spromeo
Era - Modern
Triggers - None

Romeo adored Specs, there was no question to it.

Adored may even be a drastic understatement.

Hopelessly in love may be a more realistic description.

Unfortunately, Romeo convinced himself that him feelings were very much unrequited.

He both wanted to scream it straight, or gay, into Specs' face but feared that he may ruin their close friendship.

When he first came to terms with his crush he distanced himself from Specs.

It didn't go well for their friendship and they nearly stopped talking entirely until Jack dragged them together.

From there their friendship, and Romeo's crush, just grew.

When that school year rolled around they were happy to be placed in the same P.E. class.

None of their other friends were in the class and hence they decided to pair up with each other.

That was when the teacher didn't chose pairs.

Doubles tennis sucked for them when the teacher didn't let them be together.

Thankfully, the next module their class' next module was module was hockey.

(I don't do hockey so this is just based off of my dodgy memory of doing it in P.E. in first year)

Technically not a partner sport but they were still partnered up for most of it.

They got on well enough with most of it.

Passing way easy, as well as stopping the ball.

Tackling and intercepting were not their cup of tea though.

They did get a few laughs out of it though.

Specs couldn't see since he wasn't allowed wear his glasses and Romeo had horrible hand-eye-coordination when he was running.

Some days they scraped by and others not so much.

"Is it mine turn or your's?" Romeo asked his older and inarguably smarter friend.

"Your turn," Specs told him as he gently passed the ball across.

Romeo nodded and concentrated on the ball.

He managed to get by Specs without being tackled.

Once he stopped running a large smile broke out over his face.

Ha ran over to Specs, leaving the ball abandoned on the ground.

"I did it," he exclaimed happily.

He jumped into the air and grabbed Specs into a hug while he was in the air.

After much stumbling and trying not to fall over they found their footing.

The hug was short due to the fact that their teacher was strict and liked giving out to people.

Especially the less athletically inclined students.

In other words, Specs and Romeo were not liked by him.

"Good job Romeo," Specs told him.

Romeo grinned and hugged him quickly again.

"Your turn," he told Specs, passing him the ball.

Specs nodded and started to give himself a mental pep talk.

He did it every time before he had to do something.

Usually it was just for tests or social situations but he decided that P.E. was a special circumstance.

"Specs," Romeo said, breaking him from his thoughts. "He's coming so you should maybe hurry up with that pep talk."

Specs finished up the mental pep talk and gripped the stick tightly.

"You got this," Romeo encouraged him.

Specs looked at the ball and started to move towards Romeo.

Unfortunately, he had no stroke of luck in that moment.

When he was meant to go around Romeo he tripped over Romeo's foot and started to fall towards the ground.

In the process of falling he took Romeo down with him.

Thankfully his fall was broken by Romeo, though Romeo mightn't have been quite as thankful about it.

"Hi," Romeo said with a wink.

Specs blushed at how close he was to Romeo. "Hello."

"Has anyone ever told you that you have perfect lips?" Romeo asked him. "'Cause you do."

Specs shook his head. "I don't think anyone has ever thought that about me," he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

He tried to play off his sadness with a laugh but Romeo could see straight through it.

"I do," he admitted. "Everyday. I really like you."

Specs looked at him confused. "You like me?" he asked.

Romeo nodded.

Specs looked at him with wide eyes before snapping back into reality.

He swore under his breath.

"Get up. He's coming," he told Romeo. He looked towards their teacher. "Sorry sir, tripped over my own feet."

The teacher nodded before he started walking up and down again.

Specs turned to Romeo and both boys burst out laughing.

"That was so funny," Romeo laughed. "You looked like you wanted to hide under a rock."

Specs rolled his eyes and bumped him with his hip.

"Whatever," he joked. "Do you want to come over to my house after school?" he asked as a second thought.

Romeo nodded and grinned. "I'd love to."

~~~
773 words