Chapter 75 - Race

Race Doesn't Like Snyder
Ship - None
Era - Modern
Triggers - Kidnapping, crying, abuse, blood, and injuries.

Race was in a world of his own as he walked down the street.

With his favourite musical playing through his headphones how could he not be.

His world of bliss was cut short when a van pulled up beside him and a man climbed out, grabbing him and starting to drag him to the back of the van.

"Let me go," Race shouted. "Help. Someone help me."

"Shut it." A hand went over Race's mouth but was quickly removed when Race bit down on it as hard as he could.

In retaliation, the man holding him hit him over the head, stunning Race just long enough for him to be shoved in the back of the van and the headphones to be ripped from his head.

Momentarily, Race did nothing but sit there shocked but as the fog in his head cleared he started to panic.

As discreetly as he could, he pulled his phone out from where it was hidden from plain sight in his pocket.

Quickly, he unlocked it and pressed the call button. He knew he should have called the police but he could only find himself calling Medda. "Momma. Help. Please."

"Toni, what's wrong baby?" Race wanted to sob in relief at the sound of his mother's voice.

"This guy just shoved me in the back of his van," he explained quickly. "I wanna go home Momma."

"I know Toni. Jack, call 911." Race heard Medda talking to Jack in the distance. "You're brother's calling for help now. Can you remember anything about what happened?"

"Not really," Race admitted. "This guy just popped out and I tried to fight him off but I couldn't. I'm sorry."

"That's okay. You don't have to be sorry. Jack's talking to 911 now. They want to talk to you. Think you can do that?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry Momma."

"Don't be sorry, baby, you have nothing to be sorry for."

"I love you," Race whispered, trying desperately not to let his tears fall.

"I love you too."

The beep of the line ending quickly brought a feeling of hopelessness to Race.

The vibrating of his phone brought him back to reality. "Hello?" he said as he answered it with shaking hands.

"Hi Antonio, I'm Tori. I'm going to help you, okay?"

"Yeah."

"Can you tell me anything you remember? Where you were or who kidnapped you?"

"I was up the street from Al's family's café," Race realised, passing on the information of the coffee shop name onto her. "I was gonna drop in on my way past but I never gotta."

"That's great. Do you remember what they looked like?" Tori asked.

"No. I'm sorry. I just wanna go home."