Chapter 60 - Spot x Race x Albert

Albert is Sick and Spot and Race Worry About It
Ship - Spralbert
Era - Cannon
Triggers - Sickness and passing out.

"Hello Mr. King of Brooklyn," Race called out cheekily as he walked down the Brooklyn docks to Spot's 'throne'.

"Hello Mr. Prince of Brooklyn."

"I'm not the Prince of Brooklyn," Race argued.

"You're dating me and I'm the King so you're the Prince."

Race rolled his eyes, climbing up onto Spot's throne.

"Excuse you," Spot said, nudging Race. "This throne is only for kings and princes and you said you're not a prince."

"I'm not the Prince of Brooklyn. I am your prince though."

"Alright then," Spot said, pulling Race into a hug from the side.

He peppered Race with kisses, enjoying the complaints of Race.

Race crossed his arms and hugged once Spot pulled away. "That was not very nice," he grumbled. "You violently attacked me."

"I kissed you."

"Violently."

Spot rolled his eyes. "Where did you learn that word?"

"I read it in a pape the other day," Race said proudly. "Knew it'd be useful for when you annoy me."

Spot went to reply to Race but was cut off by Pages running up to the two of them.

"Spot," he called out. "I have a message for you. It's from Manhattan."

"Give it here." Pages obliged and passed the letter over to Spot.

Race read over his boyfriend's shoulder, a line of worry identical to that on Spot's forehead forming.

"We've got to go," Race said, starting to climb down from the throne.

Spot nodded and hopped down from the throne, helping Race down.

"Pages, tell Hotshot he's in charge. We've got to go to Manhattan."

Spot and Race rushed through Brooklyn and into Manhattan, reaching the Lodging House in record time.

They immediately burst through the door, startling all the Newsies in the living room.

"Where is he?" Race asked Buttons, panicked.

"Upstairs," Buttons answered quickly. "He's in the spare room."

The spare room was what they called the room that usually belonged to the leader but they used as a room for when a Newsie was seriously injured or sick.

It worried them both that Albert was in there.

"Is he okay?" Race asked.

"He'll be okay now that you're both here."

Spot and Race both made their way up the stairs, holding hands in reassurance for the other.

They quietly pushed the door open to find Albert lying on the bed with Jack sitting beside him holding a cloth to Albert's forehead.

Jack's head turned at the squeak of the door. "Did you bring the water?" he asked. "Oh, you're not Davey."

Race and Spot stood unsure in the doorway, wanting to go to their boyfriend but also not sure what had happened to him.

"What happened?" Race asked. "The note just said he wasn't okay."

"Finch found him passed out on the street," Jack explained. "He's been on and off awake since we got him back."

"Can we see him?" Race asked.

Jack nodded and stood up from where he was sitting, motioning for Race and Spot to take his place.

"Has he said anything?" Spot asked.

He reached towards Albert and brushed hair away from his forehead, stopping at how warm his forehead was.

"Just mumbles," Jack explained. "He's said both your names a few times."

"Will he be okay?" Race asked.

"Davey thinks so. He just needs rest and water."

Race nodded and rested his head on Albert's chest, listening to his heartbeats.

"Why's his heart so slow?" he asked.

"Because he's sleeping. Our hearts slow down while we sleep," Davey explained, coming through the door.

Spot took Race's hand reassuringly.

"Can we be alone?" he asked. "Please."

Davey placed the water on the table beside the bed before joining Jack in leaving the lovers alone.

"I'm scared Spot," Race admitted. "What if Al doesn't wake up?"

"You heard Jack and Davey, he'll wake up soon. After he's had his rest."

"How long will that take?" Race asked. "I want to know he's okay."

"Who?" Albert asked quietly. "Who isn't okay? I'll soak him for making you worry."

Race and Spot's heads snapped around to look at Albert.

"You," Race said with a laugh. "You beautiful idiot."

"Why aren't I okay?"

"You passed out in the streets," Spot explained. "Finch found you."

"Oh, hello Spot." Albert smiled upon the realisation that both his boyfriends were there. "My boyfriends are here," he whispered happily to himself.

"We are here," Race agreed. "We'll always be here for you."

Albert smiled and reached a hand out to each of his boyfriends who gladly took them.

"I love you both," he said.

"We love you too," Spot replied as Race kissed him on the cheek. "But you're not going to soak yourself."

~~~
798 words