Chapter 40 - Specs x Romeo

I Would Give My Soul for These Two Boys
Ship - Spromeo
Era - Cannon
Triggers - Crying and talk of stress in relationships.

Romeo was very used to waking up in a bed.

Was it always his own bed?

No.

But it was still a bed.

The bed most often tended to be Specs' when it wasn't his own.

He was not accustomed to waking up on Specs' back while Specs was walking through New York.

"Why am I on your back?" he asked slowly as he made sense of what was going on.

"You fell asleep after selling," Specs explained. "I didn't want to wake you up. You look so happy when you sleep."

Romeo blushed lightly, he was thankful Specs couldn't see the blush.

Unfortunately, they were not alone in their trip back to the Lodging House.

"Aww," Race laughed. "You got him to blush, it only took one compliment. That's got to be the new record."

Romeo reached out and plucked Race's hat straight from his head.

He then proceeded to use said hat to whack Race.

"Not only does he blush easy when he's tired," Race rambled. "He's a grump too."

"Shut up Racer," Specs and Romeo shouted in unison.

Race nodded and ran ahead to go annoy Albert and JoJo.

Romeo kissed Specs gently on the back of his neck. "It was really sweet of you to leave me to sleep and to carry me."

"Of course," Specs replied quickly. "You'd do the same for me. And I love you, it's the least I could of done."

Romeo nuzzled his face into Specs neck.

"I'm going to go back asleep, you can wake me up when we get to the Lodging House."

"Alright, you sleep love."

Romeo closed his eyes and fell back asleep almost immediately.

"You are such a cute couple," Elmer commented from behind. "Romeo's lucky to have you."

Specs shrugged, being careful not to move Romeo too much.

Elmer picked up on his doubt. "What's wrong? Is everything okay between you two?"

"I'm just worried that he'll realise that he can do so much better than me," he admitted. "He's amazing and I'm not. I love him but I'm scared he'll leave me for someone better."

"Why would you think that? You're just as amazing as Romeo, I promise you he will never leave you."

Specs nodded but still looked unconvinced.

"Give Romeo to Jack," Elmer told him. Elmer proceeded to call Jack and Crutchie over. "We're going to have a small talk."

Specs wasn't bothered to argue so he let Jack take Romeo from his back.