Chapter 69 - Spring and Stones

Friendships are Confusing and Spring is a Grumpy Teenager
Ships - Spring and Stones (friendly), Stones and Spot (brotherly) and Race and Spring (brotherly).
Era - Modern
Triggers - Crying, shouting, implied bullying and friendship problems.

(I apologise for writing about Spring and Stones so much but I haven't seen my little cousins in ages though so this is the closest thing I get)

Spot was surprised to see a body lying on his and Race's couch when he arrived home from work.

He was somewhat less surprised when he realised that that body belonged to his brother.

"Stones," he said, making his presence known. "Why are you on my couch?"

Stones looked up, panicked before relaxing when he realised it was just Spot. "I need to talk to someone."

"Why don't you talk to Bryan then? You know he's always there to talk to."

"I know. I just don't want to talk about this with him."

Spot nodded and sat down at the end of the couch with Stones' legs. "Is it love problems?" he asked. "Is that why you don't want to talk to him?"

"Not love. I'm just worried about Spring. He's sneaking out and meeting up with popular kids basically every night and I just want my best friend back."

Stones suddenly turned around, grabbing Spot in a tight hug.

It took Spot a moment to realise what had just happened but when he saw Stones' shaking shoulders he was quick to react.

"It's okay to feel like that. Have you tried to talk to him about it?"

Stones shook his head. "He won't talk to me. He spends lunch with some popular people and I'm on my own."

The front door opened and in came Race.

"Hello Stones," he said when he saw the boy curled up on his couch.

Stones waved half-heartedly at Race. "Hi Race."

"Is everything okay?" Race asked. "You don't usually come around on a school night."

"He needed to talk to his big brother about some stuff," Spot explained when Stones made no move to answer.

"Okay. I'll leave you two be. I'll be in the kitchen or our room," Race informed them. "In case you two need anything."

Spot nodded before going back to talking quietly to Stones.

~~~

Stones left a few hours later, with a promise to Spot that he'd try to talk to Spring. Even if it was tricky.

"What's up with Stones?" Race asked Spot, sitting down beside him. "I thought he talked to your dad about almost everything."

"Turns out he doesn't like to talk to him about friendship problems." Spot put his arm around Race's shoulders. "He's worried about Spring."

"Did something happen between the two of them? Spring hasn't mentioned anything happened," Race said. "Then again, Spring hasn't said much to me at all. He's always on his phone. Won't talk to anyone."