Chapter 36 - Spot x Race (Pt. 2)

The Proposal (Pt. 2)
Ship - Sprace
Era - Modern
Triggers - None

Spot held on tightly to Race's hand as they walked around.

He felt like an absolute wreck, every possible bad thing that could happen popping up in his head.

"Are you okay Spottie?" Race asked.

Spot looked over at Race. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just look a bit tense," Race explained.

Spot stopped and cupped Race's face with his hand.

"I'm okay, you don't need to worry," he reassured his boyfriend. "I just want to make sure you have the perfect date."

"I know it'll be perfect," Race said. "You're here and that's all I need."

Spot smiled and gently kissed Race on the lips.

He led Race to the florists where Elmer and Buttons were waiting with the bouquet for Race.

"You didn't have to," Race told Spot.

"Of course I did, you're my boyfriend and you deserve everything because you are my everything."

Race blushed. "I'm going to be like a tomato by the end of this," he muttered to himself.

Spot overheard him and laughed. "You definitely are."

Spot took his time on their walk.

He'd told the photographer where they'd be and the time.

They weren't due there for at least another half an hour.

He brought Race to some of their favourite places.

Henry's family's restaurant where they usually went out for dinner, the coffee shop they'd hang out in together after school back in high school and so many other places.

Surprisingly Race didn't have any idea what was happening, he just thought they were revisiting some of their favourite places.

"Spot?" Race asked once they were nearing the spot Spot had planned.

"Yeah love?" Spot replied looking over at Race.

"Don't get me wrong, I love this day, it's perfect and everything but my legs are kind of hurting me. Could we sit down soon?"

"Of course, I found a really nice spot so I thought we could sit down there, I brought some cakes and sandwiches," Spot explained. "I made your favourites."

Race smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much."

They walked for about ten minutes more when they finally arrived at the small spot Spot had picked.

He dropped the bag from his back and laid out the picnic blanket and the food he packed.

Race sat down on the blanket and looked at everything in awe.

"You really outdid yourself," he said in amazement. "What's the occasion?"

"No occasion, I just wanted to treat my darling boyfriend."