Chapter 21 - Jack x Davey

Ice Skating Dates
Ship - Javey/Javid
Era - Modern
Triggers - None

Jack scrolled through his phone as he tried to plan the perfect date for him and Davey.

Most of the things he would like to do were either too expensive or not for that season.

He strongly doubted Davey wanted to go canoeing in November.

He was almost about to give up when an add popped up on his phone for ice skating.

He'd been plenty of times, Medda brought him and Crutchie when she first adopted Crutchie so they could bond.

Crutchie couldn't skate but he'd stand at the barrier and cheer them on or take videos of them falling.

He'd always make sure they were okay before laughing though.

Then the next year Race was adopted and they had more brother bonding time.

And from there it just became tradition.

He didn't know if Davey had ever been though.

Regardless he booked the tickets for the next Sunday and prayed Davey would like the surprise.

~~~

The next Sunday rolled around far too slowly for Jack's liking.

He'd been excited for the date since the Monday so his week just kept dragging on.

Somehow, he'd managed to keep the surprise a secret from Davey, much to everyone's surprise.

But he'd made it to Sunday regardless and that is how he found himself covering Davey's eyes as he tried to guide him to the ice rink.

Key word: tried.

"Jack, where are we going?" Davey asked, trying to peek through Jack's fingers.

"It's a surprise Dave," Jack reminded his boyfriend. "I can't tell you."

Davey went to argue but sighed and nodded.

The couple arrived at the rink soon after and Davey was finally allowed to see where they were.

"Are we-?" Davey trailed off, leaving his question hanging in the air.

"I got us tickets for ice skating. I thought it'd be fun," Jack explained.

Davey smiled and took Jack's hand in his.

"That sounds great love," Davey said with a smile. "But I can't ice skate."

A smile grew on Jack's face. "That's funny but I know for a fact that that isn't true."

"Jackie, I'm being honest. I can't ice skate."

Jack's face dropped. "Oh," he said slowly. "Well, I can teach you. I'll hold your hand and make sure you don't fall."

They got their skates and put them on while they waited for their time slot to begin.

Davey firmly held onto Jack's hand tightly as they stepped onto the ice.

The second he had both feet on the ice he started to slide around.

Jack wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him over towards the barrier.

"Thanks," Davey mumbled as he tried to gain his balance.

He soon found his balance and they started to slowly, very slowly, make their way away from the barrier and around the ice.

It took them a while but they eventually got into a rhythm and Davey became more confident.

Sure, he still slipped a few times, but Jack would help him back up and they'd take their time getting back into the rhythm.

Their hour long slot ended and as Jack was lining up along the barrier to exit Davey tried to skate to behind him.

His plan did not go to plan.

He slammed straight into Jack's back and would have fallen flat on his back if he hadn't wrapped his arms around Jack's waist at the last second.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled as he unwrapped himself from Jack. "I'm sorry."

"You're fine Dave," Jack assured him. "But if you wanted a hug that bad you could have asked."

Davey rolled his eyes playfully and slapped Jack's arm lightly.

"Come on, let's go home Cowboy."

Jack nodded and stepped out of the rink, holding his hand out for Davey to hold as he did the same.

Once he was out of the skates and back into his own, level-soled shoes he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Jack's lips.

"Thanks Jackie," he whispered.

"What for?" Jack asked in complete seriosity.

"The amazing date," he replied.

~~~
686 words