Chapter 49 - Spot x Race x Albert

Midnight Mishaps
Ship - Spralbert
Era - Modern
Triggers - Mentions of cuts.

Spot watched as his younger boyfriend climbed out of their bed.

"Al, is everything okay?" he asked tiredly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Albert replied. "You go back asleep, I'll be back in a minute."

Spot laid back down, pulling Race in close as he watched Albert leave.

"What's going on?" Race mumbled. "Where's Al?"

"Al'll be back in a minute. You just relax and he'll join in on the cuddles when he gets back," Spot promised.

Race hummed, content with Spot's answer, before cuddling himself back into Spot's side.

Spot played with Race's hair, twirling the curls around his fingers.

He tried to relax but something just didn't feel right deep down.

"Spottie," Race whined. "Give me proper cuddles. You said Al will be back in a minute. He can join then."

"Okay baby," Spot whispered as he tightly held Race, resting his chin on top of the head of curls.

He liked being on top of Race's head, it smelled like his youngest boyfriend's lemon shampoo.

Unwillingly, Spot found himself starting to drift off as he waited for Albert to return.

He stopped falling asleep when a smashing sound came from the kitchen.

Both of the boys shot up, Race a few seconds after Spot. His half asleep brain was working on a go-slow.

"You stay here," Spot told Race. "I'll go make sure Albert's okay."

Race nodded and waited until Spot was out of the room before getting up and following Spot.

When he arrived into the kitchen, Albert was standing at the sink and shaking while Spot was talking to him quietly.

Race quickly made his way to Spot's side.

"What happened?" he asked quietly.

"I'm not sure," Spot replied. "He's a bit shaken and hadn't answered to me yet."

Race nodded and looked at Albert. "Did he drop a glass? Is that what shattered?"

"Yeah, it doesn't look like he's stood on it though."

Race moved slightly, slowly making his way towards Albert.

"Hey Al, why don't you come over here? We can hug you," Race offered.

Albert looked up at Race, only then realising his two boyfriends were standing there.

"I'm sorry," Albert said quickly. "I didn't mean to break it."

"It's okay," Spot reassured him. "It was an accident and we'll never be mad at you over an accident."

Albert nodded and started to walk over to where his two boyfriends were standing.

Spot's eyes widened when he remembered about the glass. "Wait a second, okay? We just don't want you to stand on any glass. A cut on you foot is the last thing you want."

Albert nodded slowly and watched as Spot carefully stepped around the glass shards.

"I'm going to touch you," he explained slowly. "Is that okay?"

Albert nodded again, feeling like words had failed him entirely.

Spot gently lifted Albert up bridal-style, supporting the redhead's head with his hand.

Yet again being careful of the glass, Spot carried Albert away from the glass.

"You shouldn't be able to carry me," Albert mumbled.

"Why not? You're my boyfriend and I like carrying you."

"I know but you're shorter than me. I should be the one carrying you."

"You might be taller than me but I'm stronger," Spot pointed out.

"I guess that's fair," Albert agreed, shrugging his shoulders. "You are very strong."

Race laughed lightly and kissed Albert's forehead.

"And he's going to use that strength to lift you into bed for cuddles," Race explained.

Albert nodded, a slight blush evident on his cheeks from being carried.

"What about the glass?" he asked quietly.

"We'll get that in the morning. You don't need to worry," Race reassured him.

Albert hummed and let Spot carry him into their bedroom.

He was placed gently on the bed once they arrived.

It didn't take long - less than ten seconds - for Race to climb in and join him while Spot joined them a few seconds after Race.

Albert smiled as his boyfriends wrapped their arms around him from either side.

"I love you both," he whispered.

"Love you too," both of his boyfriends replied at the same time.

~~~
697 words