Chapter 97 - Race x Albert

Snazzy Square Sandal
Ship - Ralbert
Era - Modern
Triggers - Blood and injuries.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to me and my snazzy square sandal.

Race shouted loudly as pain sprouted up his foot.

"Babe, are you okay?" Albert said quickly, jumping up to rush over to his boyfriend.

"Yeah, I just kicked a wall. It really hurts," Race complained.

Albert sighed in relief that it wasn't too major of an injury and picked Race up and started to carry him over to the couch. Race was not too impressed with being carried.

"Al, I can walk by myself. You don't gotta carry me."

"Shut up. Of course I'm gonna carry you, you're my boyfriend."

"I just stubbed my toe," Race argued. "It ain't like I broke my toes."

"I don't care. You are going to rest up for a while."

Race rolled his eyes playfully but curled his feet up under him anyway, getting comfortable.

Some movie was playing on the television, it was one of the golden age musicals that Race used to obsess over as a child. From a young age he longed to play so many of the roles.

"Do you wanna order something in for dinner?" Albert asked.

Race looked at Albert and blinked. "What?"

"I don't wanna cook and you're resting so," Albert shrugged. "Pizza?"

"Only if it's from that real Italian place," Race said. "Or else I'm breaking up with you."

"Don't worry, I know that. You want the usual?"

Race smiled and nodded. "I love you so much."

"All I have to do to make you love me is but you pizza?" Albert said slowly before nodding. "Sounds easy."

"It had to be proper pizza, though."

"Oh, trust me, I know."

Race smiled and watched Albert as he rang the restaurant. There were so many little things Albert did that just made Race's heart feel like it was going to explode. The way he fluffed his hair, the way he made funny faces at Race while on the phone or how he smiled whenever he talked to someone. They all made Race fall deeper and deeper in love with him.

"They'll be here in, like, thirty minutes. What do you wanna do until then?"

Race lifted his arm and waved it around. "I'd like to finish this movie cuddled up to my favourite person in the world."

"Should I call Crutchie, or Miss Medda's?" Albert asked. "Which one do you want?"

"Not them. They're joint second," Race explained. "Jack's number three but sometimes he joins them in two. Depends on if he's annoyed me lately. You're my number one favourite person."

Albert smiled and sat down beside Race, pulling the blonde into his side. "I hold that title with great honour."

"You should. It's very hard to get on the list."