Chapter 112 - Spot x Race

Spot Has a Sixth Sense for Knowing When Race Needs Looking After
Ship - Sprace
Era - Modern
Triggers - Nightmares, crying and mentions of violence.

This chapter was requested by bright_raes I hope you enjoy! Also, completely irrelevant, but I really want to write another full fic like I don't have too many with two chapters written and many ideas to go with them.

Race was frozen as he watched his greatest fears, the thoughts that kept him awake at night with anxiety, play out in front of his very eyes. His real family was being hurt by the man who for so many years Race considered family when he had no one else.

Pain after pain. Hit after hit. Fear after fear.

And he could do nothing as it just happened.

~~~

"Race, hey, Racer. I need you to wake up."

Race woke up with a start, his heart pounding, the room around him barely in focus. Someone was touching him, gently, but still touching him.

"No," he mumbled, trying to push himself away from the contact. He couldn't let himself be hurt by his father. He had to save his family.

"That's okay, Toni. Just listen to my voice."

Race shook his head. "No, I have to find them. They're hurt."

"Who's hurt, Toni?"

"Momma and Jackie and Charlie and Spot. I need to find them."

"Everyone's okay. I'm here, Spot's here. I'm okay and everyone else is asleep. We're all okay. We're not hurt."

Race looked around the room to try and see where the voice was coming from. His breathing picked up when he saw Spot but slowed slightly after his mind finally caught up with what he was seeing.

"Sean?" he said slowly, scared that his mind was trying to trick him.

"Yeah. I'm here, Toni. Can I touch you?"

Race didn't answer, instead slowly reaching out until his fingers touched Spot's face. He nodded but didn't drop his hand, moving it instead so he was cupping Spot's cheek.

Spot took Race's free hand in his and gently ran his thumb across Race's knuckles.

"Do you want to talk about what happened? I want you to know though that I won't be upset if you don't want to talk about it and I will completely understand."

"No. I want to," Race said before taking a shaky breath. "I saw you and Momma and my brothers being hurt by my father and I couldn't do anything about it and I could only watch it happen."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

Race shook his head. "Just being here is nice."

Spot nodded and brought Race's up to his lips to place a light kiss on it. "Whatever you need."

"Could you- I need to shower. I feel disgusting."