Chapter 57 - Jack x Davey

Jack and Davey Are in Denial but Race Refuses to Take Their Crap
Ship - Javey/Javid
Era - Modern (Soulmate AU)
Triggers - None

Jack Kelly liked to think he was good at romancing.

He could have his pick of girls if he wanted, maybe even boys if he so pleased but deep down something in him didn't want any of the people that came after him.

He didn't know why, he just never felt attracted towards them.

For a while he thought he would never love anyone, he supposed it was all apart of the soulmate effect.

When you're quiet literally made to love the one person with all your heart it'd be weird to love another romantically.

That was one of the main reasons he couldn't understand why all those people kept asking him out, he'd even had to stop people from trying to kiss him before.

Some girls could be crazy.

But Jack's idea of love changed entirely after meeting Davey.

Davey.

Jack could hear only that word for the rest of his life and he'd never grow tired.

Unfortunately, he knew that Davey could never be his soulmate.

Davey was so perfect and Jack was not.

Davey had brown hair that Jack would rather nothing more than to run his hands through.

Jack too had brown hair but his was ratty and Davey's was always so neat and perfect.

Everything about Davey was perfect.

Jack just wished he could be that perfect boy's soulmate.

~~~

Davey felt like an absolute wreck since as early as he could remember.

In preschool, once he started sobbing when he didn't colour in his picture 'correctly'.

Was he only four-years-old at the time? Yes. But in his four-year-old mind colouring outside the lines was the end of the world.

Events like that happened all throughout his childhood until somewhere around twelve-year-old he stopped.

He didn't stop of course, he just stopped in every else's view. Sure, holding all his feelings inside could hardly have a bad impact, right?

But when he met Jack it was like all of that chaos inside him went to rest.

Like he and Jack were made to be together, like they fit together.

He hoped they were soulmates, longing for the feeling of ease everyday.

Deep down he knew that was an unrealistic wish. He was just a naive teenager who knew nothing about love after all.

It could never actually be a reality.

~~~

Jack was growing to love school, which is something he never thought possible.