Chapter 76 - Spot x Race x Albert

Albert Needs Naps and Cuddles
Ship - Spralbert
Era - Modern
Triggers - Exhaustion and sickness.

Albert rested his head against his arm as he sniffled, sighing as the words on the page turned sideways. At least he had an excuse to not understand them if they were sideways.

The knocking on the door brought his attention to the teacher and the question he'd written on the board.

With shaking hands, he quickly scribbled down the question before trying to figure out what the teacher was talking about.

The door opened and Albert ignored what was happening at the door. He deemed figuring out the question to be more important.

"Mr. DaSilva," his professor called, getting Albert's attention. "You can go."

Albert blinked, not understanding what he meant until he noticed his boyfriends standing at the door.

With weak legs he stood up, having to hold onto his desk to stabilise himself.

As he was about to leave the lecture hall, his professor patted him on the shoulder and said, "Get better soon. And try getting some more sleep."

Albert nodded, not understanding where the concern was coming from but he wasn't going to be rude.

Mumbling out a thanks, he turned to his boyfriends. In his tired state, he wasn't bothered by them being there, he was quiet thankful actually.

"What are you doing here?" he asked once he was outside the door.

"We're here to bring you to your doctors appointment," Spot reminded him.

"I don't have an appointment. I have class."

"We booked the appointment for you. You've run yourself down and now you're sick."

"I'm not." Albert sneezed, making his argument as good as pointless.

"Sure. And we're stupid," Race dramatised.

"Don't say that. Neither of you are stupid."

Race and Spot shared a look. "Exactly. That's why you need to go to a doctor."

Albert sighed loudly but gave in anyway. "Fine."

~~~

Race went with Albert to the doctor. It was mostly so he could make sure Albert didn't fall asleep before he got inside.

Spot waited in the car the entire time for them, his strong disliking of doctors keeping him from going inside.

Both of them made sure to give Albert gentle forehead kissed whenever they could.

Once he was out of the doctor and back home, Albert started to realise why he joked about his boyfriends being protective.

"Come here," Race said, offering his arms out to Albert.

Albert fell forward, gladly accepting the arms that wrapped around him tightly.

Spot joined a moment later, pressing gentle kisses along Albert's jawline.

"I'm tired," Albert complained.

Race smiled lightly as Albert's head found itself burrowed in Race's neck. "Do you want to go to bed?"

Albert nodded into Race's shoulder. "Okay. Spot's going to carry you. Is that okay?"

"Yeah," Albert mumbled.

Spot wrapped an arm around Albert's waist and lifted him up.

Albert's head went straight to hiding Spot's neck. He let out a small sigh at the warmth radiating from his boyfriend.

"Come on. Let's go sleep."

Albert let out a quiet 'yay' as he was carried into their bedroom.

As he was laid down, Albert opened his eyes, taking the opportunity to just look at his boyfriends.

Race smiled, pressing a gentle kiss to Albert's forehead. "We're so proud of you. You work so hard and you deserve a rest."

Albert frowned. "I don't deserve a rest. Nobody else needs a rest so why should I?"

"'Cause you're not everybody else," Spot reminded him. "You're you and if you need a rest, you take a rest."

"And we'll always be here to give you cuddles while you do."

"I can't argue with cuddles," Albert mumbled, smiling.

Race and Spot held Albert tightly, Race gently talking to him while Spot rocked him to sleep.

There they stayed until morning once Spot fell asleep, leaving Race to fall asleep five minutes later.

~~~
649 words