twenty four

Rose woke up with her head burried into Tommy's chest. She blushed and after a moment of no movement she slowly removed herself from the warmth of his arms. She sat up and glanced at the sleeping boy. His lips were slightly parted and his hair messy. She smiled softly and got up off the couch, stretching and heading into the kitchen to start the coffee. Moments later Max came pounding down the stairs ready to grab eggs for breakfast.

"Max!" She whisper-yelled, "shh, Tommy's sleeping still."

"Oops." He giggled and climbed onto the stool

"Aren't you going to grab eggs?"

"I'll wait for Tommy. I want him to meet the girls." She smiled softly and got the sausage out of the freezer. When she looked back, Max was gone. He had decided Tommy should wake up, now.

"Tommy." He roughly pushed the blonde boy to wake him. His eyes opened abruptly, taking in his surrounding and smiling at the little boy. "I want you to meet the chickens, now."

"Now?" He cleared his throat and got up, "sure big man, I'll change real qu-"

"Now now now!"

"Max let him change." Rose scolded coming into the room. She caught Tommy's eye and they smiled.

"Mornin'."

"Let's goooo." He pulled in Tommy's arm and he complied, following the little boy with a laugh.

"I need shoes first big man!" The door slammed, opening a moment later with an out of breath Max.

"Forgot. Basket." He grabbed the basket and ran out again. Shaking her head, Rose began cooking breakfast for the boys.

"Where's the boys?" Her dad asked coming into the kitchen.

"Getting eggs, Max wanted Tommy to meet the hens."

He nodded and poured himself a cup of coffee as the boys came back inside. "Dad! The hens like Tommy more than Rosie!" He chuckled as Tommy went over to Rose, still disheveled from his abrupt awakening, but more awake then before.

He leaned over to whisper in her ear, his warm breath sending chills up her spine, "I met cock." He giggled stepping back. She rolled her eyes at him, a smile on her lips.

"Wash the eggs and give them to me stupid." Tommy did as he was told, helping her finish cooking breakfast. Every once in a while they'd catch each others eye and smile.

After breakfast, and after Tommy and Rose changed, they decided to actually give Tommy a tour. Rose was waiting on the wooden bench by the back door, tapping her foot impatiently. As soon as Tommy came down she hopped up and grabbed his hand, pulling him outside. Neither wanted to address the feeling of Rose holding his hand.

"You took forever c'mon." She groaned, her cheeks turning pink. Finally getting out to the field she loosened her grip to let go, but he grabbed it again. She glanced at him confused and he simply smiled. Turning back with her cheeks warming, "This time I'll show you everything."

"Good, don't be getting distracted again, I want an actual tour." He swung their hands as they made their way through the woods.

"Well you're always distracting me." She argued

"I'm distracting?" He raised an eyebrow, teasing.

"Shut up."

She showed him the tree where Max fell and scraped his knee really bad once, the stream they'd play in when it got hot in the summer, the tiny bridge her dad made where they would play Poohsticks, she showed him her favorite tree and the bench she would read often. She even showed him the place her dad proposed to her mom, finishing with the massive tree house.

"Woah." He stood in awe, his hand still in hers as he gazed up at the intricate work.

"It was all my dad honestly, I'd just keep him company."

"Can I go up?"

"Of course." He grinned and began climbing, sitting on a bridge.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He teased, seeing she was watching him.

"Oi, I'm making sure you don't fall ass hat." She pulled out her phone anyways, doing as he said.

"You're starting to sound like me already."

"Gross." She crinkled her nose in fake disgust, Tommy laughing. "Alright come down before you hurt yourself."

"I'm a big man, I won't get hurt."

"Yeah yeah, come down." He mocked her as he climbed back down, taking her hand in his once again. "So you've seen the forest and the field, I would show you the hen house but Max took care of that."

"Bees? Tubbo would die I think."

"Alright, I'll show you the bees, but we have to put the outfits on."

"We get special outfits! Sick!" His pace quickened making Rose laugh. His presence alone made her happy.

After Tommy almost got stung a few times, they took the bee suits off and she showed him the barn.

"This is where Patty is."

"Patty? Like a hamburger patty?!"

She grinned at the boy, "Exactly like a hamburger patty." He wheezed a laugh, the cow mooed at him, scaring him and making him scream.

"What the f- udge"

"Here's Patty, and then the barn cat is over- HE HAD KITTENS? DAD!" She yelled running back to the house as Tommy bent down to pet them. "Charlie was pregnant, he had kittens."

"Male cats can't Rose, you know that."

"No, dad," she was out of breath, "I don't think Charlie's a guy." His eyes widened with his mouth.

"Oh that's- yeah." He followed her out to were Tommy had picked up one of the kittens.

"I like this one." He grinned.

"Can we keep one in the house dad? Max'll love it!"

"Only one."

"His name is discord." Tommy decided

"Tommy we are not naming him discord."

"Why not?"

"You just want a discord kitten!"

"Exactly."