thirty three

"Tom- what are you guys doing?" The redhead walked into the living room where Tommy and her dad were having a conversation.

"Uh your dad was just-"

"Don't worry, we'll finish later Tom."

"Dad what we're you-"

"Heyyy let's take some food and go on a picnic for dinner yeah?" He pulled her into the kitchen and started getting some food together as she tried to get it out of him what they were talking about. "Rose." He interrupted, "You're great, but shut up. I'll tell you in a moment, just- just bear with me." He held her forearms to keep her attention.

"Fine." She grabbed the blanket and jackets and followed him outside. After setting it all up, he sat cross legged across from her.

"He was just asking-"

"He's so-"

"Hey hey hey, let me talk." She scowled at him but let him continue, "he was just asking me about well, us. It's nothing big. You really don't have to worry about it."

"No I want to know everything."

He was quiet for a moment, "he wants to know what'll happen to us when I- when I go back."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What will happen?"

"Well I don't want to break up! I- I really like you Rose."

"Good, we're on the same page. But Tommy, you leave in two weeks."

"Two weeks?" She nods, it seemed like he had just gotten there. He sighs, "I have to go back home."

"I have to stay here."

"But-"

"We can do long distance. It'll suck so much, but- we started our friendship online. And we can visit- I'd love to go see London. It wouldn't be too bad, would it?"

"We can stream together and I'll call you and help you study."

"Even if you still can't pronounce them correctly?" She smiled.

"Hey I try." He joked, making her laugh. She moved over to him and sat next to him, leaning on him.

"We'll make it work won't we?"

"We will."