engaged

Hey yall!
Thank you so so much for 90k reads, I seriously love you guys so much and I'm so thankful for everyone who has read, commented and voted. I didn't think that this would ever get as many votes as it has, so thank you!!

Also, this is an alternate engagement that @imafartfacebtw had the idea for, literally why didn't I think of this wth. I think I'm going to unpublish the other one, idk (I unpublished the other one bc I really did not like it at all) Anyways, thank you again. Enjoy!

"Hurry up Max!" I groan, waiting for him to catch up. He's always so slow on hikes its agitating. Tommy is probably the most fun person to hike with. His long legs keep a great pace, except he often runs up ahead to hide in some bush to try and scare me when I pass, but he's always talking, except he knows when to be quiet and enjoy nature. He also hums a lot, random tunes he either heard or made up, its very soothing. Too bad he's not here, he had streams and such this week and was quite disappointed when I mentioned coming to visit dad. Max was off for spring break now and had also come back to visit, home is much nicer than campus. We left dad at home, he's not as agile as he used to be.

"I don't get how you're not huffing and puffing like me. You live in gross, dirty, England."

"I still exercise, and I go on hikes with Tommy a lot." He huffs loudly when he reaches me, leaning on a rock for support.

"He's so annoying that Tom."

"Yeah and so are you, now come on, we're almost to the top fat ass." He sighs and sits on the rock.

"I'll meet you up there. Need a break." I roll my eyes, but I head up the rest of the trail alone.

I don't know why he wanted to come on this hike if he's just going to complain and slow me down. I make it to the top and look out at the landscape with a sigh. This really could never get old. England has no where near as great of views as North Carolina. And suddenly I miss Tommy. I pull out my phone and take a few pictures so that I can show them to him later. I didn't ever think that I would continue to be that girl that's always missing her boyfriend, but how could I not? He just made everything better, and he was my best friend. We've been together for years now, he was home. I remember a story my dad had told me, he was on a hike with my mom once when he was visiting her parents here, and he said that he saw the view, saw my mom, and knew there was no where else he could possibly be than right next to her for the rest of his life. Then she turned to him and just asked, "Will you marry me?" beat him to it. Of course he said yes and he said that she let him tell everyone that he was the one to pop the question. I smile at the thought. Love and longing filled my chest, I longed for my mom mostly, but I also longed for Tommy. I wonder what he's up to now. Probably causing havoc as usual. I chuckle to myself at the thought, can't wait to hear what he's done now. I hear some steps behind me and roll my eyes.

"Took y-" I spin around and stop short. My favorite person just standing there with a grin.

"Hiya." he lifts his hand in a small wave, his lips split in a grin so wide I can tell he's about to laugh. I throw myself at him like a crazed and fan and hold him close.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

I roll my eyes and hit his arm playfully, "I'm serious Tommy, why are you here?"

"I missed ya," he shrugs as if it was obvious. I wrap my arms around his middle again, a huge grin plastered on my face. Home again.

"Well I missed you." I pull away slightly, his arms are still around my back, "I was literally just thinking about how I wish you were here to see this."

He doesn't spare a glance at the landscape next to us, "Yeah, most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I roll my eyes at him and tug him so he looks at the view.

"You have to admit, it's pretty great."

He nods, "It's amazing." he pulls me into his side and I'm honestly grateful for the shield against the wind. "I love you Rosie."

I look up at him, I'm practically a lovesick puppy with the way I'm grinning. I should be embarrassed, but it's Tommy. "I love you Tom." He looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes, I couldn't care less about any other color than his blue eyes.

"Rose-" he starts but I hear rustling and turn my whole body to scold Max for not telling me. Instead I see him grinning and holding his phone up.

"What-"

"Rose." I turn and see a very strange sight, Tommy on one knee.

"What are you doing Tommy?" I ask him. Avoiding the very clear, very obvious answer.

He grins up at me, "Tying my shoe," He answers with an eye roll, "I'm trying to propose Rose." If Tommy wasn't the one down in the dirt he'd ask me if I was trying to catch flies the way me mouth gaped. He opened his mouth but I whipped to Max, "I'm wearing leggings you shit head. What the fuck-"

"Rose," Tommy laughed, "no matter what you're wearing, where we are, what's going on- I'll want to marry you. You- you're so smart, a great deal too good for me-" I yank him up, it's weird looking down at him, he should be towering over me like usual. He breathes a laugh and continues, "I want you, forever, through the hard times and especially the good times. You make me a better person and you make me happier than I ever thought I could be, and if you let me, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to do the same." I'm properly crying now and his smile is soft, his eyes so loving.

"I have a dream," he say slowly, his eyes searching to see if I understand, "I persist in dreaming it, although it has often seemed to me that it could never come true. I dream of a home with a hearth-fire in it, a cat and dog, the footsteps of friends - and you." I let out a noise that's a mix between a cry and a laugh. He presses his forehead against mine, "Will you marry me Annabelle Rose?"

"Of course I will." I manage out in a quiet voice. "You're everything Tommy, you're home."

Thanks again for reading<3
the last quote is from Anne of Green Gables btw.