fifty four

"Nandos?"

"Nandos." Tommy grinned as he pulled his ginger girl through the door.

"You're taking me on a date to Nandos."

"It's British cuisine! Trust me it's amazing."

"I know it is, I'm just surprised is all." She remarked going onto her phone to find something as they stood in line.

"Yeah well there's more after this so don't worry."

Getting to the front of the line, Tommy simply ordered the 1/2 chicken and chips and turned to Rose to see what she wanted.

"I'll get the double chicken wrap, medium with no lettuce, spicy rice, five wings, with Perinaise and medium sauce." She looked at Tommy who was awestruck. "What? It's Niall's order and I said that if I ever went to a Nandos I'd get his."

"How do you- never mind." He shook his head as he paid.

After dinner the two got donuts and started walking on the beach laughing and talking happily.

"You know, I love long walks on the beach." Rose laughed at her own joke.

"You're so stupid." He smiled adoringly

"Hey I literally sacrificed nursing school to be here idiot."

"What?" His eyes grew worried.

"Not completely, calm down, I was just planning on going in January, but instead I'm here."

"You're still planning on going right? That was your whole thing, you wanted to be a nurse and-"

"Hey," she grabbed his arm to stop his concerned rambling, "it was my choice, and I'm still going, I'm just going in the fall, gives me the whole summer to study more. I'm still gonna try to be a nurse."

He sighed in relief, "Good, I don't want you to give up your dreams just to see me." She smiled softly. She never knew she could love someone so much.