Familiar Acquaintance

You rose with the sun, watching as your cell door slid open at precisely 6 am. Bright light streamed in through the windows of the prison.

"Your hair is a bit messy, (Y/N)." Wamuu took a second to straighten out the stray strands. He was sitting criss cross applesauce next to you on the bed. His head partially phased through the top bunk when he sat up straight again. He gave a small smile. "Much better." You didn't bring your stand out as often ever since you started seeing Bruno, so he'd enjoy the time he got.

You smiled. "Thanks, Wamuu."

You climbed out of bed around an hour later, having been just kinda laying there. You proceeded to slip on some shoes and put your prison jacket back on. It should be breakfast time by now. You doubted Jolyne was awake yet, but you could take a looksie anyhow. You were pretty sure she was supposed to be sent to cell 206.

You strolled on over to the correct cell, no one was really paying you much mind. But stepping out of 206 was a woman in a striped bodysuit. She also had three blue dots under each of her eyes. You presumed she was Jolyne's cellmate.

You tried to get a look over the woman's shoulder to check. The lady kept moving her face in front your own to block your view, "What the hell do you think your doing?"

"I just want to talk to Jolyne."

"Eh?" She was clearly suspicious of you, "I don't think she wants to talk to you. I would know, we're friends after all. So get away from my cell."

"Don't worry about it, Gwess. (Y/N)'s a friend, too." Jolyne was sitting on the top bunk, only wearing her top and some underwear.

"Oh?" Gwess looked you up and down, "I guess a friend of Jolyne's can be a friend of mine. Just don't touch my stuff." She moved aside so you could enter, "It's breakfast time already, so I'll go down first."

"Wait!" Called out Jolyne. "I'm going, too! We can all eat together." She started climbing down the bedside, "But I can't believe it's morning already. Does nobody take role?"

"I don't think they really keep track. And they said you're allowed to sleep in as long as you want." You stepped further into the cell as Gwess just ignored Jolyne to head for the cafeteria. "Also, are these yours?" You picked up a pair of pants that was resting in a puddle of water.

"What?!" She took them from your hands, "Why are they so soaked? There's no way I can wear these now! God, Gwess is such a dirty person."

You leaned against the wall, "I'm sure if you ask the guards or something they'd know where to get a new pair. They may not be the most fashionable, but at least they won't be drenched."

She slowly shook her head, "No... that's fine. I'll just try and clean these off. Why don't you go ahead and get breakfast without me. This'll probably take a while."

"Sure, okay. I'll save you a seat." So you eventually left her on her own, making your way to the cafeteria. You picked up a tray and got in line. A roll, some roasted potatoes, a banana, and a small carton of milk were all placed on your tray. So you turned your attention to the rows of tables. You spotted Gwess amongst the crowd, waving you over.

"Are you actually friends with Jolyne?" Asked Gwess as you sat down across from her.

"Maybe. What's it to you?" You noticed Gwess had grabbed two servings of everything. They really weren't keeping track of who got what.

She rested her head in her hand, "Hmm, I dunno. But why do you think she's so late?"

"Did you spill water on her clothes on purpose?" You had an inkling it might be the case.